Do you love sweet and spicy? If you do, then you will love this Slow Cooker Sriracha Pineapple Ham recipe. The sweet combination of brown sugar and pineapple is mixed with spicy Sriracha sauce and is cooked over a salty ham. The trio creates a delicious flavor. This recipe makes the perfect Christmas ham or Easter ham. Sriracha Pineapple Ham is also great for feeding a large crowd.
Slow Cooker Ham
One of my dearest friend, Alecia Paschal said she had a recipe that I needed to add to my blog. I was like, “Okay, what is it?” She said it was a slow cooker ham recipe.
I am one of those weird few that isn’t crazy over a really sweet ham. It is always too rich for me. I was very hesitant. I told her I really wasn’t into ham. She said I would love this recipe because it was a Slow Cooker Sriracha Pineapple Ham recipe. She knows I LOVE Sriracha. I could eat it like ketchup!
Alecia and I go way back. I met her when I was first starting to date my husband. I absolutely adore her. She would have been in my wedding if her brother had not got married on the same day as mine….
We both share a love for hot foods. We often order Thai Food together and we have to pick a number 1-10 on how “Thai Hot” we want it. The highest I have reached was 6 one time and thought I was going to die. I have seen her order 7!! Now keep in mind, she was sweating profusely as she ate, but I was really impressed.
One of Alecia’s co-workers shared this slow cooker ham recipe with her. She said she makes it for parties at her home and people go crazy over it. Therefore, Alecia wanted to share the recipe with me. When she told me there was Sriracha in it, I was like, “Okay…. this could be good!”
Slow Cooker Sriracha Pineapple Ham
The original Slow Cooker Sriracha Pineapple Ham recipe only used 1/4 cup of Sriracha. I didn’t think this would be enough for heat or flavor. I thought that small amount would get lost in such a big cut of meat. Therefore, I add more Sriracha to the recipe. If you are worried about it being too spicy, you can reduce the amount. Sriracha isn’t as hot as a typical hot sauce, so the heat factor didn’t overwhelm the ham. I made it for a bunch of friends on my girls night in, and no-one thought it was too hot.
This Slow Cooker Sriracha Pineapple Ham recipe is super easy to make. I loved the way this ham tasted. The salty, sweet, and spicy combination was DELICIOUS! I am so thankful that Alecia shared this recipe with me. She was right, I did love it. I am pretty sure you will too!
Slow Cooker Sriracha Pineapple Ham
- 8-10 lb bone-in, smoked spiral cut ham
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 15 oz canned crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- Trim ham to fit in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the brown sugar on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the ham and any extra trimmed pieces on top of the brown sugar.
- In a bowl, mix together remaining brown sugar, Sriracha hot sauce, and pineapple.
- Pour sauce mix over the ham. Try to pour some of the sauce between the slices of the ham to flavor the ham.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, take out 2 cups of pineapple juice mixture from slow cooker. Try not to get too much of the pineapple chunks. Add pineapple juice mixture to a medium sauce pan. Mix in cornstarch. Cook on medium to high heat until sauce has thickened (about 10 minutes) stirring continuously to prevent scorching.
- Pour sauce over top of ham. Rest 5 minutes before serving.