This is an easy, delicious Seven Layered Salad Recipe that is perfect for pot-lucks, cookouts, and family gatherings.
Seven Layered Salads
This easy Seven Layered Salad Recipe is my favorite. This recipe includes bacon, cheddar cheese, and parmesan, over layers of bell pepper, peas, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce. The combination is delicious! This salad goes fast in my house. It will disappear quick at yours too.
When I had my first Seven Layer Salad I couldn’t believe how much I loved it. It was one of those things I never had as a child and wondered, “Where the heck has this salad been all my life?” It had bacon, cheese, tomatoes, and PEAS!?!
The thought of peas in a salad through me for a loop.
I love peas now, but there was a time when I couldn’t stand them. However, the sweetness of the peas really compliment the layered salad mixture and I was surprised that I liked them in the salad. So if you are not a big pea person yourself, don’t knock it until you try it. They are a key ingredient that balances the flavors of the layers.
What makes a good layered salad?
- In addition to the traditional cheddar cheese, I layer parmesan. It gives it a nice added salty compliment to the flavors.
- I also add in tomatoes, so this has more layers than the traditional Seven Layered Salad. However, bacon and tomatoes go hand in hand…. And I just love them in this salad. They also add a beautiful color to the dish. The reds, yellows, and greens makes this recipe pretty for any holiday, therefore it is perfect for all of your holiday meals in addition to your cookouts and potlucks.
- A key to making this salad perfect is to chop the lettuce, bell pepper and tomatoes, and finely slice and dice the onions.
You want to get every little layer of each ingredient with every bite and this allows you to get everything on that fork! YUMMMMMMM!
Do you like 7 layer salads? Southern Living has a great recipe round-up of different layer salad recipes.
Easy Layered Salad Recipe
- 1 head of lettuce chopped
- 3/4 cup finely sliced and diced onion
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 package of frozen peas they can thaw on the salad
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 pound of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs sugar
- In a large casserole 9x 13 dish, layer the lettuce.
- Layer onions, bell pepper, and green peas.
- Mix mayonnaise and sugar. Gently spread mayonnaise mixture over the onions, bell peppers, and green peas layer.
- Salt and pepper.
- Layer parmesan, cheddar cheese, bacon, and tomato.
- Cover and place in refrigerator 4 or more hours or overnight.
- You may toss before serving.