Hi I am Katie, the little voice behind A Fork’s Tale, A Love Story of Food, and Travel. I live in Fayetteville, North Carolina. I have a passion for photography, cooking, eating, and travel. From this passion, I developed this blog to share my journey.
Eat the Weird Stuff!
Food is exciting to me. I love trying new foods; even the weird, foreign, and hard to pronounce kinds of foods. If you see an ingredient in my recipes that you have never tried; branch out and try it. Food should be an adventure. There is so much to experience. If you don't like it, you can always get take out.
My recipes have been featured in some pretty cool places! I have been mentioned in Bravo, MSN, Parade, and Women's Health, City View Magazine to name a few! It has been heartwarming to see my recipes shared among some to of the "Big Wigs" of the media.
Friends and Family Recipes
My favorite recipes are from my friends and family. I treasure the experience and memories I had with each of these special dishes. I try to share some of these special recipes on my blog along with something about who the recipe originated from. You can find these most valued recipes in my "Recipes from Friends and Family" archives.
Share Your FOOD!
Food is best when shared with others. Therefore, I am here to share with you my successful recipes. Don't you hate trying new recipes that turn into total flops? Been there, done that 100 times!!! Don't worry. I weeded out the fails. If you see a recipe on this blog, it has been tried, tested, and approved.
I Aint Got Time For That
Life is busy. I have two kids that always had something going on. Between their school, after-school activities, errands, appointments, taking care of the family to include my very furry family member, and keeping up the house (who wants to do that?); there wasn't a lot of down time.
But mealtime remained an important event in our household. It was a time we met to regroup, reconnect, and catch up on our day.
They are grown up now, but I can I understand the juggle balancing act of time for cooking, preparation, and clean up. This is a blog for the modern cook... the cook that wants to eat well but doesn't always have time for a 3 hour food prep.
Finally, my husband and I LOVE to travel. There is nothing more exciting than the idea of going, experiencing, seeing, and tasting something new. I hope to share these journeys and experiences with you. Perhaps our travels will inspire you to escape to some of the locations that we venture out to.
Thank you for Reading!
“People who love to eat are always the best people.” –Julia Childs
To contact me, email at email@example.com.
Seen in the Press
- MSN | LIFESTYLE: 25 Finger-Licking Barbecue Sauce Recipes, Last-Minute Party Snacks For Your Labor Day Celebrations , Delicious Barbecue Sauce Recipes for Grill Season
- Bravo: The Feast: Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Women's Health Magazine: 11 Keto Appetizers Perfect for Your Super Bowl
- Globe Gazette- North Carolina Barbecue Sauce,
- Taste of Home: Surprising Things to Add to Your S’mores
- BuzzFeed: 23 Low-Carb Dinners Under 500 Calories That Actually Look Good AF, 25 Holiday Treats to Gift This Christmas, 25 Bite-Size Party Foods To Get You Ready For The 2018 Super Bowl, 16 Keto Soup Recipes For Instant Pot Users, 18 Non-Boring Salad Recipes You'll Want To Dig Your Fork Into Immediately
- Parents: 10 Best Instant Pot Weeknight Meals for Moms
- Brit + Co: 18 Easy Recipes for Your Kentucky Derby Party, 30 *Totally* Impressive Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes, 40 Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes Even a Beginner Can Make, 25 Tiny Finger Foods You Can Serve on a Toothpick, 20 Make-Ahead Camping Recipes for Easy Meal Planning, 36 Make-Ahead Camping Recipes for Easy Meal Planning, How to Cook a Turkey that Isn't Dry
- Parade: 20 Shredded Chicken Recipes That Are Quick & Easy, 20 Best Low-Carb Eggplant Recipes - Quick & Easy!, 18 Family Favorite BEEFY Recipes You’ll Love, 13 Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes, The 30 Best Low-Carb Comfort Food Recipes Ever , 12 Awesome After-School Snacks
- Local 10 News: 10 Incredibly Easy Weekday Meals you can make in the Instant Pot
- She Knows: Yes, You Can Make Pet Food in your Slow Cooker, 20 freaky Halloween dinners your trick-or-treaters will love coming home to, 13 Fresh & Filling Low-Carb Summer Lunches
- Cafe Mom: 11 Delicious Instant Pot Recipes That Will Make You Drool
- Pure Wow: 14 Easy Instant Pot Chicken Recipes, The 25 Fastest Instant Pot Recipes In the Universe
- Money Talks News: 6 Ways an Instant Pot Can Pay for Itself
- City View NC Magazine: "To Stuff or to Dress?" ,"Tapa Time!" , "Breakfast for the Holidays" , "Wine & Beer Recipes"
- The Spruce Eats: 15 Party Ready Cheese Ball Recipes
- Stephanie's Dish: Crocktober top 5 Recipe Links and Stephanie's Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
- Click on Detroit: 10 Incredibly Easy Weekday Meals You Can Make in the Instant Pot
- Tasty: 16 Instant Pot Soup for Cold Winter Nights
- Women's View Magazine: Candy for Christmas, Summer Salads