This Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe tastes just like your grandma made it.
It is deliciously cheesy and creamy. This easy and creamy Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese is cooked in just 10 minutes but tastes like the traditional baked version. This will be your new favorite Mac & Cheese recipe!
Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe is the reason I bought an Instant Pot. My friend Rachael came to dinner at my house one night. She said she was bringing homemade macaroni and cheese. She came over with the ingredients and an Instant Pot. I was terrified of the Instant Pot and very skeptical of what she was trying to pull together.
She started throwing together all the ingredients in the Instant Pot. She never drained the pasta water. I was thinking to myself, “This is going to be an absolute disaster, and I am going to have to politely eat this stuff.” I was dreading the outcome. To my surprise, out came the most perfect, creamy, cheesy, tasty macaroni and cheese ever! It was just like the old fashioned kind baked for an our in the oven like your grandma would make. I couldn’t believe it!
That is when I knew I had to get an Instant Pot. I have loved mine ever since.
I wish I could take credit for the recipe because it is so freakin’ awesome…. but I can’t. Rachael found this recipe from Dad Cooks Dinner. He does an optional step of broiling breadcrumbs at the end. We love it right out of the Instant Pot, so we omit that step. You are welcome to dirty another dish if you like.
If you liked this Creamy Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese Recipe, check out more of my Instant Pot recipes: 15 Minute Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken, 15 Minute Instant Pot Orange Chicken , and Instant Pot Country Style Steak… YUMMMMMMMY!
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe- Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 16 oz dried elbow macaroni
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce I use Texas Pete Hot Sauce.
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 16 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 oz Parmigiano cheese
- Stir macaroni, butter, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and water in the Instant Pot. Lock the lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure and remove lid.
- Turn on Saute Setting. Stir in the evaporated milk. Add cheese one handful at a time, stirring constantly allowing cheese to melt between each handful.
- Remove from heat. Set for 2 minutes for the milk and cheese to completely absorb the pasta and serve!