This banana bread bars with brown butter frosting recipe is so incredible you will want to eat the whole pan. It is moist and full of flavor. These bars are absolutely delicious! You will love them!
This Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting Recipe is so incredible you will want to eat the whole pan. The banana bread bars are moist and full of flavor and the brown butter frosting is absolutely delicious. Your family and friends will love you for baking this tasty dessert!
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
I wish I could take credit for this banana bread bars with brown butter frosting recipe, but I can’t. It is absolutely BRILLIANT. When Pinterest first came out, I found this recipe from Life’s Simple Measures. This was one of the very first recipes I tried from Pinterest and I LOVED it.
Life’s Simple Measures is a great Blog Site with lots of good looking recipes such as Blueberry Pie Bars and Butterscotch N Cream Muffins. You should check it out. But let me tell you about her Banana Bread Bars…. OMG!!!!
The banana bread bars are moist, dense, and full of delicious banana flavor. That frosting though….. The frosting is what seals the deal. The brown butter frosting is rich, buttery, sweet, and creamy. I could eat it for days if my waistline would let me. It is freakin’ AWESOME!!! (Like lick the bowl good.)
I really can’t help myself from eating bar after bar when I make a batch. I purposely make these when I am bringing a dessert for a big group. That way I can only steal one or two. My friends are always asking for the recipe so I thought I better get this recipe up to share. Maybe one of them will make a batch for me? Yes?
I hope you love these banana bread bars with brown butter frosting as much as I do. If you like this recipe, check out: The Best Coconut Cream Poke Cake, Easy Chocolate Cherry Sheet Cake, and Chocolate Eclair Cake.
Here is the deal… I have a love/ hate relationship with desserts. I love them. They love me back on my waist and thighs…. I try to break up with their calories and like a bad boyfriend, and they just cling on forever….. Therefore, I am choosy with my desserts… If I write a post about dessert, it is good… real good. I know at the end of the day that one darn dessert I am making is going to take me a week or more to burn off. So enjoy! This is a good dessert! You are welcome. xoxo
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- For Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbs whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Flour and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, sour cream, eggs, and butter until creamy.
- Blend in bananas and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until completely blended.
- Spread into pan and bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. (Be careful not to overcook. You don't want to dry them out. They will continue to bake as they rest in the pan.)
- In the last 10 minutes of baking, make the frosting.
- Heat butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until boiling.
- Watch carefully and stir the butter to prevent it from scorching. Once the butter turns a toasty brown color, remove from heat immediately.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix until smooth. It should be thicker than a glaze but a little thinner than a frosting.
- Spread on Banana Bread while the bread is still warm.
- Allow to completely cool before serving. Cut into bars.