This Zucchini Curry Soup is so creamy and flavorful you would never guess it was healthy for you. It is simple to make and absolutely delicious.
Bam! Straight masterpiece! Just kicking it in the kitchen at full speed. This Zucchini Curry Soup Recipe is so packed with yummy flavor you won’t just want seconds, you will want thirds. The red curry turns up the heat and takes it up a notch. This soup is spicy, creamy, full of flavor, and very filling. You will have no idea you are eating something healthy.
Don’t scoff at the ingredients. I am not trying to fool you. I know those ingredients look way too healthy to taste good. But let me tell you; this is the kind of recipe a fine dining restaurant would serve as a first course. Or you can do like I do, and eat it as an entree. Because again, you will want room for thirds! I have made it several times for myself and friends. Everyone has loved it. Now you can enjoy it too!
*This post contains affiliate links.
How to make Zucchini Curry Soup
Zucchini Curry Soup is very simple to make.
- In a large pot, combine onion, zucchini, curry, olive oil, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook over low heat until softened.
- Add in broth.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Next process in a Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 48 oz. Container, Black You don’t want it chunky, so make sure you pulse to a nice, creamy puree.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper. Top with sour cream or greek yogurt. And wa-la! You have your own masterpiece. Now go kick it in the kitchen!
*Red Curry Powder not only adds a great flavor, it has a number of important health benefits and healing properties. These include: protection to the immune system, prevention of cancer, protection against heart disease, reduction of body inflammation, reduction of Alzheimer’s disease symptoms, and helps the liver remove toxins from the body.
Zucchini Curry Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red curry powder
- 5 large zucchini or 6 small zucchini
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream or plain greek yogurt for garnish
- Cut onion and zucchini into pieces.
- Add olive oil to a stock pot. Add vegetables. Add curry and a dash of salt and pepper. Sauté until softened.
- Add chicken broth. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add entire cooked mixture to a blender or food processor. Pulse until it is completely creamy, smooth, and no chunks.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Pour into serving bowl. Garnish with tablespoon of sour cream or plain greek yogurt. Serve.