Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe - Easy and Delicious
Need a family dinner idea? How about this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe? This is a popular dish for take-out, but you can make it easy at home.
- 2 lbs flank steak cut against grain into thin strips
- 3 tbs sesame or peanut oil
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 3/4 cup soy sauce use low sodium if you are worried about the sodium
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 lb fresh broccoli or frozen do not buy chopped frozen broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon powder ground ginger If you like a stronger ginger taste, use fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Serve with rice
In a large mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, beef broth, garlic, and ginger.
Add meat to marinade mixture and marinade in refrigerator for 2 or more hours.
Add oil and onions to Instant Pot and saute until onions are translucent.
Add meat and marinade mixture to Instant Pot and cook on Manual Setting on High for 10 minutes, 8 minutes if very thin sliced.
While beef is cooking, cook broccoli. Drain any extra liquid and set aside.
Quick release Instant Pot when done.
Remove 1/2 cup of liquid and mix with corn starch until no lumps. Add back in the liquid mixture and stir. Cook until sauce has thickened.
Add in broccoli.
Serve over rice.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 1839mg | Potassium: 877mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 470IU | Vitamin C: 69.6mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 3.7mg