Southern Cornbread Dressing Recipe - Granny Moore's Dressing
This Southern cornbread dressing recipe is moist, creamy, and full of flavor. It is the perfect dressing for Thanksgiving day, but it also makes a delicious side dish for turkey or chicken all year.
- 7.5 oz Martha White Cornbread Mix
- 1 large onion or 2 small onions finely chopped
- 15 oz can evaporated milk or 3 (5oz) small cans
- 1 sleeve package of saltine crackers crumbled
- 1 package Pepperidge Farms Stuffing Mix
- 32 ounces turkey or chicken broth
- 1 stick of butter thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare and cook cornbread mix according to directions.
After cornbread is cooked, crumble cornbread into a large mixing bowl.
Add in the finely chopped onion, milk, crumbled crackers, Pepperidge Farms Mix, and Broth. Mix well. It should be soupy.
Place dressing mix in a large 13x9 in baking dish.
Slice butter into several small pieces and evenly arrange slices of butter on top of dressing. (This keeps the top from drying out and creates a nice buttery taste.)
Bake uncovered at 350 for about 40 minutes. You do not want it to dry out.
Allow it to set for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 452mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.5mg