Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup
Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup is made with tender chunks of beef and hearty vegetables that are slow cooked in a flavorful tomato broth. It is an easy, healthy, complete meal: meat, starch, and vegetables. There is no need for side dishes.
- 2 lbs chuck roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cup peas frozen
- 1 ½ cup green beans frozen
- 1 onion diced
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 14 oz diced tomatoes canned
- 32 oz beef broth
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut chuck roast into small bite sized pieces.
In a mixing bowl, 32 oz mix beef broth, ½ tsp thyme, 8 oz tomato sauce, and 2 tbs tomato paste.
Heat large cooking skillet. Add 2 tbs olive oil and 2 lbs bite sized pieces of chuck roast on both sides. Do not cook all the way.
In the crockpot, add browned beef with pan drippings, 1 ½ cup peas, 14 oz diced tomatoes, 1 ½ cup green beans, 1 chopped onion, 2 diced potatoes, and 1 cup carrots. Pour tomato sauce mixture over it.
Stir and top with lid. Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Omit tomato sauce and tomato paste. Substitute 2 cans of tomato soup.
- For low carb vegetable beef soup, omit peas and potatoes. Add 2 cups of quartered radishes and 1 cup chopped celery.
- For more vegetables add 1 cup corn or 1 cup lima beans and ½ cup beef broth.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 684mg | Potassium: 1028mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3219IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 5mg