This easy, flavorful Mint Watermelon Salad with Feta is perfect for the summer months.
The bold bright colors of greens, reds, and whites makes this salad beautiful for entertaining.
*This post was sponsored by Pomora Olive Oil and contains affiliated links. All opinions are my own and I will receive a small compensation if purchased through the link at no additional charge to you.
Brighten up your dinner table with this colorful lime infused Mint Water melon Salad with Feta.
This cold salad recipe is as tasty and delicious as it looks. The salty and sweet combination creates an INCREDIBLE flavor.
The citrus and the mint additions are refreshing. It is the perfect dish to cool you off on the hot summer months.
The beautiful colors make this salad a pretty show piece for a dinner party or a backyard barbecue.
What ingredients do you need for this mint watermelon salad with feta?
For this summery mint watermelon salad with feta, you need the following ingredients:
- A ripe, juicy watermelon
- Cubed or crumbled feta (I prefer cubed)
- Fresh mint
- 2 limes
- Pomora Extra Virgin Olive Oil -this is the best olive oil! I absolutely can't live without it! Read about why I love it so much here. If you want to order a set for yourself, you can order it here.
- Red chili pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
How to pick out a watermelon from the grocery store?
This salad is so much better with a big, juicy, ripe watermelon! Here are some tips on how to pick out a watermelon from the grocery store:
- Look for a large yellow spot on the watermelon's belly. A ripe watermelon develops a splotch yellow spot on the bottom of the rind where it was resting on the ground as it grew. The yellow color indicates it is ripe.
- Look for an even shape. If it grew all lop sided then it didn't receive proper sun or rain at some point, which stunted the growing process.
- Feel the weight of your watermelon. It should be heavier than it looks. More water means more yummy juice!
- Knock on that rind and listen!! A ripe watermelon delivers a deep, echoey, hollow sound. An under-ripe or over-ripe melon will have a dull sound.
- Shiny is not better! Shiny watermelons represents are still developing. The dull colored watermelons are ripe.
How do you cut the watermelon into cubes?
Have you ever struggled with cutting a watermelon? I have. Here is a great article on how to cut a watermelon into cubes. This should help!
Are you making this watermelon salad with feta recipe?
If you are making this watermelon salad with feta recipe, please comment below and tell me what you think? I would love to hear back and so would my other readers! xoxo!
Looking for some more summer recipes? Enjoy the fun in the sun with these tasty inspirations:
- Summer Corn Salad
- Red, White, and Blue (white wine) Sangria Sparklers
- Strawberry Caprese Salad with Mint
- Blender Strawberry and Mango Wine Slushy
- How to Cook Field Peas
- Southern Hoppin’ John
- Southern Baked Beans Quintet
- Dill Cucumber Salad
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Carolina Barbecue Sauce
- Mexican Fried Ice Cream
Mint Watermelon Salad with Feta-A Delicious Cold Salad
- 8 cups cubed watermelon seedless or remove seeds
- ¾ cup cubed or crumbled feta
- ½ cup finely chopped mint
- 2 limes juiced
- ½ cup Pomora Olive Oil
- ½ tsp red chili pepper flakes optional
- 1 tbls salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl mix lime juice from 2 limes, ½ cup Pomora Olive Oil, 1 tbs salt, 1 tsp fresh ground pepper, and ½ tsp red chili pepper flakes together to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine 8 cups watermelon, ¾ cup feta (cubed or crumbled), and ½ cup fresh chopped mint.
- Mix in lime dressing, tossing gently. Serve.