This easy vegetable pizza is great for a party appetizer, snack, or as an entree. It is made with a rolled out baked crescent roll, then topped with a flavorful cream cheese mixture. Add your favorite vegetables and you have a tasty pizza.
Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Vegetable Pizza
For years my family in Wisconsin has been making this Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Vegetable Pizza at our cookout gatherings. I was that weird strange kid that LOVED, LOVED, LOVED veggies, so I was always excited when this veggie pizza rolled out. It is so flavorful and delicious. This was one of my childhood favorites when I came to visit.
My Grandma Kriz gave me this recipe, but honestly I think all of my aunts and uncles have made this vegetable pizza at some point. I can’t tell you who the actual recipe originated from.
Cold Veggie Pizza
This is not your typical pizza. This is a cold veggie pizza where only the crust is actually cooked. It is best to actually refrigerate it 2 or more hours before serving. This makes it the perfect party appetizer because you can make it the night before.
You can top it with any vegetables you like. I change it up all the time. I usually add olives but did not this past time. The more vegetables the merrier. You can also top it with shredded cheese such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella. All of that is good on top.
I made this vegetable pizza for a bunch of teachers my mother works with at a luncheon I threw. I like to had hot peppers on my cold veggie pizza, but I didn’t this past time because I wasn’t sure if they ate spicy food. I knew for sure my mom does not. I don’t know who I inherited my love for spicy food from, but it is most definitely not my mother! Anyhow… the teachers loved this dish as I am sure you will too.
Have fun with this recipe and load it up. This is one way to eat your veggies and love them. xoxo.
*Tip! Use Pillsbury Crescents for this recipe. I have used generic brands before and it is NOT AS GOOD! This is one time where you need to suck it up and pay a little more for the name brand. It is definitely worth it.
Steps to make the Vegetable Pizza.
Vegetable Pizza- Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Veggie Pizza
- 1 Pillsbury crescent roll dough sheet or dinner roll
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 0z cream cheese
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs dill weed
- vegetable and cheese of your choice
- Spread out crescent roll. If using the dinner roll can, seam together edges. It is better to use the dough sheet. Cook according to directions until golden brown and cool off.
- In a mixing bowl, mix remaining ingredients except the vegetables.
- Once crescent roll is cooled, evenly spread cream cheese mixture.
- Chop up your favorite vegetables and cover the entire pizza covering all of the cream cheese mixture.
- You can serve right away, but it is best to refrigerate 2 or more hours before serving.