Turkey Stir Fry with spinach is an under 30 minute entree dish. This easy ground turkey recipe is made with a slightly spicy stir fry sauce that is full of flavor. It is perfect for a week night meal for busy nights.
The ingredients are relatively inexpensive as well. I honestly put this turkey stir fry together because I had the ingredients on hand and did not want to go to the store.
What ingredients do you need for stir fry sauce?
The spicy stir fry sauce is what makes this dish. You will need the following ingredients:
- Sesame Oil
- Sriracha Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Fish Sauce
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh garlic
- Coconut Palm Sugar or Brown Sugar
*This post contains affiliate links.
*Cooking Note: Fish Sauce is an essential ingredient with Thai Cooking. It is used like salt in Western cooking and like Soy Sauce in Asian Cooking.
While Fish Sauce is actually made from fish, don't let that intimidate you. It tastes amazing in stir fry dishes. You can find it in the Asian section in your local grocery store or order it here: Abalone Brand (Hoi Pao Hae) Premium Thai Fish Sauce Delicious for Thai Food 95ml./3.33oz.
What is coconut palm sugar?
Coconut palm sugar is sugar that is sourced from coconut palm tree. It looks and tastes similar to brown sugar. It is sweeter than brown sugar, therefore, you can use less. It also has a lower glycemic level than white sugar.
Where do you find coconut palm sugar?
If you can not find coconut palm sugar in the sugar section, look for it in the healthy food section or in an Asian Market. You can also order it here: Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO Sweetener Substitute (1.5 lbs.)
How to make turkey stir fry
Follow these easy steps to make this spicy ground turkey stir fry:
- Step 1: In a sauté pan, add sesame oil, ground turkey, diced onion, fish sauce, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, Sriracha sauce, Coconut Palm Sugar (or Brown Sugar) and 2 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- Step 2: Brown until fully cooked mixing in the ingredients.
- Step 3: Add fresh spinach and 1 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- Step 4: Stir fry together until fully cooked. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
How long to cook ground turkey?
Ground turkey is made with a mixture of both dark and white meat. Brown it for 14 to 16 minutes to completely cook through.
Please leave me a comment below if you make this stir fry recipe, and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
Looking for more recipes to make in under 30 minutes?
- Instant Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- Easy Salisbury Hamburger Recipes
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Grilled Vegetables and Brat Kabobs
- Mexican Quinoa
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Chicken Yakisoba
Turkey Stir Fry Recipe with spinach and spicy stir fry sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- ½ cup diced Onion
- 2 tbs Fish Sauce
- 1 tbs Minced Garlic
- 1 tbs Ginger Powder or 1 tsp of Fresh Finely Chopped Ginger
- 3 tbs Soy Sauce
- 1 tbs Sriracha
- 1 tbs coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 4 cups of Fresh Spinach
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
- In a sauté pan, add 1 tbs sesame oil, 1 lb ground turkey, 1 diced onion, 2 tbs fish sauce, 1 tbs fresh garlic, 1 tbs ginger, 1 tbs Siraracha, 1 tbs coconut palm sugar, and 2 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- Brown until fully cooked mixing in the ingredients.
- When fully cooked, add 4 cups fresh spinach and 1 tbs of Soy Sauce.
- Stir fry together until fully cooked. Serve over brown rice or cauliflower rice