Want to know how to make the best Bloody Mary? Use this Bloody Mary Vodka Infusion recipe. This recipe is made with an assortment of flavorful vegetables and herbs that will make your next Bloody Mary the most awesome one ever!
I have to get a Bloody Mary at every restaurant I go to. The spicier the better. Besides beer and cheese, Wisconsin is known for Old-Fashioned Cocktails and Bloody Marys. It gets really cold there and the best way to warm up is drinking a little alcohol……
When I went to visit my family in Wisconsin we ate at this great little restaurant called Mahoneys in Oshkosh.
*This post contains affiliate links.
Best Bloody Mary
They had one of the best Bloody Mary I ever had. What made it so good was their infused vodka. They had this huge glass jar on their bar filled with vodka and vegetables. They poured that infused vodka into their Bloody Marys and BOY WERE THEY GOOD!
I knew I had to go home and recreate it for myself.
And so I did… WINNER!!! This Bloody Mary Vodka Infusion is AMAZING! And so easy to do. Another little treat I found that rocks my Bloody Mary World is the Demitri’s Bacon RimShot, Spiced Rim Salt, 4 Ounce Tin. OH,MY GOSH!!! Or you can make my homemade Jalapeno salt and flavor it with that! ( I don’t suggest using it as a rim salt because it will be hot.) Also my homemade celery salt is a fantastic way to give it flavor!
They have a Demitri’s – Bloody Mary Seasoning Mix & Bacon RimShot, Spiced Rim Salt that I am ordering to try. I love a good seasoning mix and this one looks pretty darn good!!! It is rolling into the weekend! A girl has to be prepared. I will order a couple extras also for gifts. They make the perfect hostess gift.
Bloody Mary Vodka
This Bloody Mary Vodka recipe takes about 3 days to make, so get to prepping.
To make the Bloody Mary vodka, you will load vodka with a bunch of fresh vegetables such as tomatoes, onions, celery, cucumbers, peppers, dill and etc. You infuse it for three days. If you choose to add jalapeños, don’t add those in until the last 2 hours of infusion. The vodka will get extremely hot otherwise, trust me. Once finished, empty out the vegetables and strain the vodka. They won’t taste good, so you won’t miss them. Keep the infused vodka in the fridge after you make it and it should last as long as pickles would in the refrigerator (Almost forever).
What are the best toppings for a Bloody Mary?
Have fun with your toppings and garnishes. Here are some fun ideas for Bloody Mary toppings. You can keep it simple or go crazy with it.
- pickles, pickled dilly beans, pickled onions, pickled asparagus, pickled beets, pickled okra, pickled brussels sprouts
- mini biscuits with fried chicken nuggets, mini hamburgers, or grilled cheese sandwhiches
- boiled peanuts (A Southern Specialty)
- Cajun shrimp, oysters, or crab legs
- beef sticks or beef jerky
- thick slice of bacon
- celery, cucumbers
- lemon wedge
- cheese sticks, blue cheese cubes, or mozzarella balls
If you have additional cool suggestions, let me know. I love getting creative with my favorite cocktail. I have always wanted to do a Bloody Mary Bar Party. After writing this post, I think I need to. Don’t you? To Be Continued… xoxo! Cheers.
The Best Bloody Mary Vodka Infusion
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1/4 sliced onion
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/4 cup baby carrots carrots or 2 chopped carrots
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 1 sliced lemon
- 3 to 4 sprigs of dill or more if you like a strong dill flavor
- 2 garlic cloves
- 750 ML Vodka
- In large container, combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate 3 days. If you want to make it spicy, on the last 2 hours, add a sliced jalapeño. (You don't want to add it too long because it will become too hot very quickly.)
- Remove all the vegetables and strain clean.
- Mix with your favorite bloody mary mix or store in refrigerator until ready to use.
If you like this recipe, check out: POMEGRANATE RED WINE SANGRIA, BOURBON SLUSH, and SKINNY CITRUS ROSEMARY MARGARITA WITH JALAPEÑO INFUSED TEQUILA.