This creamy homemade balsamic vinaigrette recipe is a little sweet, a little tangy, and incredibly tasty.
The best thing is it can be whipped up in 5 minutes with very little effort!
You literally throw it in a blender or food processor and BAM, it is done! So why not make it?
Learn how to make this delicious homemade balsamic dressing recipe!
Watch how to make
To make this creamy, flavorful balsamic vinaigrette, you will need the following ingredients:
- balsamic- Use a good quality balsamic for a thicker texture.
- olive oil
- mayonnaise- Adds extra creaminess.
- honey-Adds a little bit of sweetness and helps thicken the dressing.
- dijon mustard- Do not substitute with yellow mustard.
- garlic clove- Fresh is best for this recipe, but you can substitute with garlic powder.
How long does it last?
The creamy balsamic salad dressing will last in the refrigerator 5-7 days.
Why add mayonnaise and mustard?
This is not your particular balsamic vinaigrette.
Most balsamic vinaigrettes use vinegar and oil only.
This recipe adds mayonnaise and mustard.
Why? Both mayonnaise and mustard act like additional emulsifying agents.
This keeps the dressing that rich thickness without separating apart like a true vinegar and oil dressing.
In addition, the mayonnaise offers a creamy texture and the mustard offers a tangy bite.
The combination of the two with the balsamic and olive oil is PERFECTION!
Uses for the vinaigrette
Use this homemade balsamic dressing for salads and pasta salads.
Also, try it as a marinade on chicken or pork.
I love the balsamic vinaigrette as a marinade for eggplant, zucchini, onions, mushrooms, and red peppers, then grilling them as a side dish. It gives the vegetables an incredible flavor.
Other salad Dressings to try:
- Homemade Chunky Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- Copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing
- French Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Creamy Parmesan Salad Dressing
- Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix
Please leave me a comment below if you make this balsamic dressing, and tell me what you think about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
Creamy Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- ⅓ cup balsamic
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- Add ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar, ¾ olive oil, 3 tbs mayonnaise, 2 tbs honey, 1 tbs dijon mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1 garlic clove into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.