These strawberry cream cheese french toast roll ups have a crunchy, buttery, cinnamon and sugar crust and gooey strawberry cream cheese filling.
They are great for entertaining because you can pick them up with your hands like french toast sticks. Make these for your friends and family and they will feel extra special.
I am a free-lance writer for CityView Magazine in Fayetteville, NC. I love being able to contribute articles to such a beautiful, well designed magazine.
I recently wrote an article for them called, "Breakfast for the Holidays" featuring four delicious breakfast dishes perfect for entertaining during the holidays.
How to make french toast roll ups
Here are step by step instructions on how to make french toast roll ups.
- You take a loaf of bread slices and cut off the crust. Then you roll them flat with a rolling pin.
- You make the filling and then spread the filling on each slice of bread. Then you add strawberries along the bottom of each slice.
- Next you roll the bread tightly, starting with the strawberry end. The cream cheese filling will seal the edges.
- You brush them with melted butter, then dip them in cinnamon and sugar.
- Then you bake them. They are delicious when warm and at room temperature.
Can you freeze these?
You can freeze these french toast roll ups. Make them according to directions. Cool. Then wrap and seal in an air tight container.
Thaw completely when ready to recook them. Then reheat in oven at 350 until warm all the way through.
Now honestly, who couldn't love these? Wouldn't these be beautiful for your Christmas Breakfast? Or any day of the year...
If you liked this french toast roll up recipe, please leave me a comment and tell me how it went. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
French Toast Roll Ups-Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling
- 20 white bread slices
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup strawberries diced small
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut crust off of each slice of bread.
- Flatten each slice of bread with a rolling pin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In another bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle strawberries along the bottom of each piece of bread.
- Roll bread up tightly starting with the strawberry end. Cream cheese filling will keep it sealed.
- Brush melted butter on the entire outside of each roll.
- Dip and roll each roll-up into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until a golden brown.