These cute little Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites make the perfect finger food for a party!
They are low carb and easy to make.
If you have read my "How to Make Antipasto Board Table Runner" post, you know I love making fun tapas for dinner parties.
I love entertaining with a large variety of small bites so my guests can eat a bunch of different things.
When you are making several different dishes, you want to keep things simple to keep the stress and work load down.
That is why these cute little Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites are perfect for party entertaining!
They require little effort and they are fun to eat!
Tips for making Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites are super easy to make!
Follow these tips for making them perfectly!
- Use English cucumbers if you can!! English cucumbers are often sold individually wrapped in plastic wrap. They have flavorless soft skin that is easy on the digestion. Therefore, they do not need to be peeled. Their pretty green skin makes the color of these little salmon appetizers attractive. If you decide to use the garden cucumber variety with the thick skin, peel them. The thick skin gives a bitter flavor will take away from the cream cheese filling.
- Use fresh dill and onion, not dried dill and onion. The fresh dill and onion really give cream cheese mixture a vibrant flavor. The dried herbs will not taste as appetizing. The finely chopped fresh dill and onion also make a lovely little garnish.
- Use a good quality smoked salmon. Smoked salmon is the star in this appetizer so you don't want a fishy bad quality piece. If you are feeling really brave and want to smoke your own salmon, The Spruce Eats has a great step-by-step tutorial on how to make it at home.
- You can cut the cucumbers and make the filling a day ahead for prep. I recommend assembling the salmon appetizers the day of however to maximize their freshness in flavor.
These Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites are low carb.
In addition to being a great party appetizer, they also make a great healthy snack. I love to munch on these.
For some other fun little bites ideas, check out:
- Lamb Meatballs
- Cuban Sandwich On A Stick
- Bacon Crackers
- Asparagus and Roast Beef Rollups
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Manchego
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites
- 2 tbs fresh dill chopped
- 2 tbs small capers chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbs red onion finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 English cucumber large
- 4 oz smoked salmon sliced into 24 strips
- extra fresh dill and finely chopped red onion for garnishing
- Mix 2tbs dill, 2 tbs capers, 4 oz cream cheese, and 1 tbs red onion. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut 1 cucumber into 24 slices.
- Spread about 1 tsp of cream cheese mixture on each cucumber slice (or enough to completely cover the cucumber.
- Top with a slice of bite sized smoked salmon strips.
- Garnish additionally with a little fresh dill and chopped red onion. Just enough to make it pretty.