This post was sponsored by Stirrings.
This Skinny Citrus Rosemary Margarita with Jalapeño Infused Tequila is low carb, fresh, tasty and no guilt!
Watching the waistline? Make this Skinny Citrus Rosemary Margarita with Jalapeño Infused Tequila. It is low carb, fresh, easy, tasty and no guilt!
Stirrings Simply Better Cocktails recently invited me to take the “Stir It Up Holiday Blogger Mixology Challenge.” I was able to select a mixer from their amazing premium cocktail mixer line to make my creation. They have mixers such as Simple Blood Orange Martini, Simple Peach Bellini, Simple Mojito, and Simple Watermelon Martini to name a few. They are the perfect mixers to get a party started!
Stirrings Simply Better Cocktails also has delicious rimmer garnishes such as Margarita Rimmer, Bloody Mary Rimmer,and Cosmopolitan Rimmer.
The rimmer garnishes really make a drink extra fabulous!! I am addicted to the Margarita Rimmer. I even use it as a spice. It is delicious over fruit, fish, and chicken! YUM!
You can purchase Stirrings at Harris Teeter and Total Wines and More.
Skinny Citrus Rosemary Margarita
I have been eating so naughty over the holidays. That is why I chose Stirrings Simply Better Cocktails 5 Calorie Margarita to make this Skinny Citrus Rosemary Margarita. I can drink this cocktail without adding inches to my waist! That is my kind of drink! The 5 Calorie Margarita is made with real juice, no added sugar and no preservatives! It is the PERFECT Mixer to a drink, yes? If you are low carbing it, this will be your new favorite drink!!!!!
I made homemade infused tequila to give this drink an extra kick of heat and flavor.
I LOVE SPICY!! It is very easy to infuse tequila:
- Choose your favorite tequila.
- For a small bottle, quarter 2 jalapeños and add them to the tequila.
- Allow it to sit for 3 hours. If you want your drink to make you sweat and burn your throat (some people do) then allow it to infuse 6 hours.
- Then remove and strain the tequila. (You will want all of those seeds out so the tequila doesn’t continue to get hotter.)
Pretty easy, yes? Store that tequila in the refrigerator to be safe. It should last forever. The refrigeration is a precaution. Unless you serve it a party and it disappears in one night! If it does, I want to hear all about it. I am sure there will be funny stories!
Next I added rosemary to my drink.
The rosemary is a beautiful garnish for entertaining and the holidays. It compliments the lime juice. It doesn’t add any unnecessary calories. And it livens up the flavors in the margarita.
Finally, I serve it with Stirrings Margarita Rimmer garnish! That garnish seals the deal! It adds a little salt and a little tart! It is sooooo good!
Try this recipe out! Make it for your friends. They will think you are making something really fancy! Let them think you worked hard on this fancy, smancy cocktail! If you don’t tell them how easy it is to make, I won’t either. Cheers! xoxo
Skinny Citrus Rosemary Margarita with Jalapeño Infused Tequila
- 6 oz Stirrings Simply Better Cocktails 5 Calorie Margarita Mix
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 oz jalapeno infused tequila
- Stirrings Margarita Rimmer for garnish
- Garnish chilled glass with Stirrings Margarita Rimmer.
- In cocktail shaker, muddle rosemary in Stirrings Simply Better Cocktails 5 Calorie Margarita Mix.
- Add ice and tequila.
- Shake well.
- Strain cocktail into chilled garnished glass.
- You may add a sprig of rosemary on top of cocktail for looks. Serve.