This simple chickpea salad combines chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro for a flavorful combination. Make this gluten free chickpea salad for a side dish, a pita sandwich filling, or a healthy meal.
I have partnered with Pomora Olive Oil. They send me quarterly batch of their newest olive oils in exchange for a post. This post also contains affiliate links.
I just received my infused basil, garlic, and white truffle olive oils from Pomora and I couldn’t wait to make something delicious with them. The infusions are very light and not overpowering. The flavors taste fresh and vibrant. I absolute love everyone of them. I have used the garlic olive oil in my Italian Marinated Mushrooms recipe. It thought it would be great in this simple chickpea salad also.
The colors in this simple chickpea salad are eye candy. It looks so pretty in a platter or on a plate. The flavors are a winning combination also! One key ingredient in this salad is a good quality olive oil. I use Pomora Olive Oil for its richness and flavor. This salad is very simple, therefore the olive oil will really stand out. To read more about Pomora Olive Oil, click here.
What ingredients do you need for this simple chickpea salad?
Making this simple chickpea salad is SO EASY! There is NO COOKING involved. Here are a list of ingredients you need to have on hand to make it:
- canned chickpeas
- tomatoes (I like the sweet cherry tomatoes in this recipe.)
- cucumbers (The Persian or English cucumbers are best in this salad.)
- fresh cilantro
- red onion
- lemon juice
- garlic infused olive oil
- cayenne pepper (Omit if you don’t want a little spice.)
Do you have to cook chickpeas for a salad?
The beauty of this simple chickpea salad is how easy it is to create. You can make it in 5 minutes if you want. I use canned chickpeas so that they are cooked and ready to be served. You just drain them from the can and rinse them. Canned chickpeas absorb the flavors of the lemon and garlic infused olive oil perfectly. If you want to use dried chickpeas, here is a great resource on how to make them three different ways.
What if you don’t have garlic infused olive oil on hand for the recipe?
If you don’t have garlic infused olive oil, no worries. Just add two crushed garlic cloves and substitute garlic infused olive oil with the plain Pomora olive oil.
- You can make this simple chickpea salad in advance. It will still taste fresh up to 4 days in the fridge. I also add a little cayenne pepper to add a little spice. If you do not like spicy foods, you can omit this ingredient.
For additional easy healthy salad recipes, try:
- Israeli Salad
- Dill Cucumber Salad
- Summer Corn Salad
- Mediterranean Beet Salad
- Greek Black Eye Pea Salad
- Mint Watermelon Salad with Feta
- Quinoa Tabouli
Simple Chickpea Salad-chickpea, cucumber, tomato salad
- 15.5 oz canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup cucumber Persian or English cucumbers are the best for this salad
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil garlic infused
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper omit if you do not want it a little spicy
- Mix all ingredients together.
- It is best to refrigerate an hour or more before serving, however, you can serve immediately.