This delicious Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars recipe is sweet, salty, gooey, and crunchy.
These Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars are a dose of "Oh my gosh" with every bite. Each bite includes a crunchy pecan topping, a gooey, sweet, and salty carmel and chocolate center, and a shortbread pie bottom crust… Again, one can't help but think; "OH MY GOSH!!" with every bite.
Pecan Pie Bars
My father-in-law loves, loves, loves pecans. So when I was scrolling through pinterest one day and saw this Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars recipe from Averie Cooks I knew I had to make this. My father-in-law is truly the most sweetest man I know. He is always doing something nice for my children, my husband, or myself, so it was nice to make him something sweet that I thought he would enjoy.
Except when I made them, I am not exactly sure how much of these bars he actually got to eat.
You see what happened was: I made a batch of these "Oh my gosh" bars and set them out for the whole family to enjoy. It is a good sized batch and I was going to send the leftovers back with my father-in-law.
The rest of the family isn't as big on pecans as my sweet father-in-law, so I didn't think anything of it. Except somehow, "they all got cold and eaten," as my husband would say when things swiftly disappear from the table before you know it.
So I guess I will have to make another batch for my poor father-in-law to "actually" take home this time.
Bakers BEWARE, these Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Pie "Oh my gosh" Bars might disappear right before your eyes also!
Averie at AverieCooks has many more other fabulous recipes, so be sure to check out her site. And if you have a sweet tooth, check out my: Ooey Gooey Butter Bars, New York Style Cheesecake , Caramel Apple Turnovers, and Easy Southern Banana Pudding.
Salted Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pinch salt optional and to taste
- 2 cups roasted salted pecans halves or pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 8x8in baking dish with parchment paper to cook evenly and prevent sticking. Spray remaining baking dish with oil.
- For Crust: Combine all crust ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Pour ingredients into lined baking dish and evenly press and distribute to develop a uniform crust.
- Filling: Evenly distribute pecans on crust.
- Evenly distribute chocolate chips on pecans.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, and whipping cream. Heat mixture on high power for 1 minute to melt.
- Remove bowl from microwave. Stir until caramel mixture is smooth; it's okay if butter hasn't completely melted.
- Return bowl to microwave and heat for 1 minute on high power.
- Take out of microwave and stir until smooth.
- Add and mix in salt and vanilla.
- Slowly pour the caramel sauce evenly over the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until caramel is bubbling vigorously around edges, with bubbling to a lesser degree in center.
- Allow bars to cool in pan on a wire rack for at least 3 hours before slicing.