This post is sponsored by the Bj’s Whole Sale Club but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
These Red, White, and Blue (white wine) Sangria Sparklers are pretty show stoppers, perfect for Memorial Day, July 4th, backyard cookouts, and any summer time fun in the sun event!
Red, White, and Blue Sangria Sparklers
Memorial Day is right around the corner and it starts my summer festivities. I thought these Red, White, and Blue Sangria Sparklers would be perfect way to kick off for the holiday. They taste just as good as they look and are super easy to make.
This white wine sangria is not your “everyday white wine sangria.” It is made with a Riesling and Prosecco wine. The Riesling gives it a sweet flavor and the Prosecco adds charming little bubbles. The combination creates a light, refreshing drink perfect for the hot summer outdoor entertaining.
I went to BJ’s Wholesale Club to do my shopping. If you read my Low Carb Asparagus and Roast Beef Rollups Recipe post, you know I love to shop there.
Memorial Day kicks off the summer back yard barbecues. BJ’s is the perfect spot to grab all the things you need for your summer time grilling to include my favorite hotdogs, Sabrett and Nathan’s. I love both, so I just alternate between the two. OH!!! And they have Nathan’s little cocktail franks. How cute are those? BJ’s also carries great marinades if you want to step up your grilling game just a bit. (And they have great prices on grills if you are looking for one!)
They are also a great source for party trays to get that cook out started effortlessly along with all your favorites side snacks like cheese, hummus, dips, chips, and cookies….
They carry a great assortment of paper products at affordable prices for your cookouts like paper towels, napkins, paper plates, plastic cups, and plastic silverware.
White Wine Sangria
Typically my food is the star of the show at my cookouts, but these Red, White, and Blue Sangria Sparklers take the spotlight.
Normally, white wine sangria is made with sweet fruits like peaches, pineapple, and apples. Because these are made for Memorial Day or July 4th, I thought it would be fun to use blue berries and straw berries to keep with the color theme. Therefore, this sangria gets its sweetness from the sweet Riesling wine. The Prosecco balances the sweetness making it a perfect blend!
I mean seriously, can this white wine sangria get prettier or more festive? They taste light, summery, slightly sweet, and refreshing. They are the perfect compliment to any barbecue all summer long.
How do you serve Sangria for a Party?
- Pour Riesling into a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Add strawberries and blueberries, stir, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- In a wine glass, pour half a glass of Prosecco. Top other half with Riesling making sure to include the blueberries and strawberries.
- Serve to your guests with scoops of both of strawberries and blueberries in a clear glass or clear plastic cup for the full “red, white, and blue” effect. They will love it! Cheers!
Looking for some more great summer recipes? Try one of these!
- Summer Corn Salad
- Quinoa Tabouli
- Strawberry Caprese Salad with Mint Pesto
- Dill Cucumber Salad
- Southern Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Classic Cole Slaw
- Cuban Grilled Corn
- Shrimp Salad with Pickled Okra
- Baked Calico Beans
- Mint Watermelon Salad with Feta
Red+ White+ and Blue Sangria Sparklers
- 1 750 ml Bottle of Riesling Wine chilled
- 1 750 ml Bottle of Prosecco Wine chilled
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Pour bottle of Riesling into a pitcher.
- Add 3 tbs sugar and stir.
- Add 1 cup sliced strawberries and1 cup blueberries, stir, cover.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a wine glass, pour half a glass of Prosecco. Top other half with Riesling mixture making sure to include the blueberries and strawberries.
- Serve. Cheers!