These Red, White, and Blue (white wine) Sangria Sparklers are pretty show stoppers, perfect for Memorial Day, July 4th, backyard cookouts, and any summer time fun in the sun event!
This post is sponsored by the Bj's Whole Sale Club but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Memorial Day is right around the corner and it starts my summer festivities.
I thought these Red, White, and Blue Sangria Sparklers would be perfect way to kick off for the holiday.
They taste just as good as they look and are super easy to make.
This white wine sangria is not your "everyday white wine sangria."
It is made with a Riesling and Prosecco wine.
The Riesling gives it a sweet flavor and the Prosecco adds charming little bubbles.
The combination creates a light, refreshing drink perfect for the hot summer outdoor entertaining.
Watch how to make
If you read my Low Carb Asparagus and Roast Beef Rollups recipe post, you know I love to shop at BJ's Whole Sale Club.
Memorial Day kicks off the summer back yard barbecues.
BJ's is the perfect spot to grab all the things you need for your summer time grilling to include my favorite hotdogs,
Typically my food is the star of the show at my cookouts, but these Red, White, and Blue Sangria Sparklers take the spotlight.
You can find everything you need to make this at BJ's!
To make this white wine sangria, you will need the following ingredients:
- Riesling Wine
- Prosecco Wine
Note: Normally, white wine sangria is made with sweet fruits like peaches, pineapple, and apples.
Because these are made for Memorial Day or July 4th, I thought it would be fun to use blueberries and strawberries to keep with the color theme.
Therefore, this sangria gets its sweetness from the sweet Riesling wine. The Prosecco balances the sweetness making it a perfect blend!
How to make it
Making this white wine sangria is TOO EASY! Follow these simple steps.
- Pour Riesling into a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Add strawberries and blueberries, stir, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- In a wine glass, pour half a glass of Prosecco.
- Top other half with Riesling making sure to include the blueberries and strawberries.
- Serve to your guests with scoops of both of strawberries and blueberries in a clear glass or clear plastic cup for the full "red, white, and blue" effect. Cheers!
I mean seriously, can this white wine sangria get prettier or more festive?
They taste light, summery, slightly sweet, and refreshing.
They are the perfect compliment to any barbecue all summer long.
Looking for some more great summer recipes? Try one of these!
- Summer Corn Salad
- Quinoa Tabouli
- Strawberry Caprese Salad with Mint Pesto
- Dill Cucumber Salad
- Southern Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Classic Cole Slaw
- Cuban Grilled Corn
- Shrimp Salad with Pickled Okra
- Baked Calico Beans
- Mint Watermelon Salad with Feta
Please leave me a comment below if you make this sangria and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
Also post your picture of your sparklers on Instagram or Facebook, and tag @aforkstale with #aforkstale hashtags! I will share with my followers! xoxo!
White Wine Sangria-Red, White, and Blue Sangria Sparklers
- 750 milliliters Bottle of Riesling Wine chilled
- 750 milliliters Bottle of Prosecco Wine chilled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Pour 750 milliliter bottle of Riesling into a pitcher.
- Add 3 tablespoons sugar and stir.
- Add 1 cup sliced strawberries and 1 cup blueberries, stir, cover.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a wine glass, pour half a glass of Prosecco. Top other half with Riesling mixture making sure to include the blueberries and strawberries.
- Serve. Cheers!
Leave a comment and let me know what you think!