This easy and delicious Quinoa Tabouli recipe gives the traditional version a nutritional twist without sacrificing the incredible fresh flavor.
Quinoa Tabouli recipe
Tabouli is an incredibly tasty classic Middle Eastern Salad that is often mixed in with Bulgur. This Quinoa Tabouli recipe gives the traditional version a nutritional twist without sacrificing the flavor.
I had some beautiful mint growing in my herb planter. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and cook with it. I just love the freshness in taste of the combination of mint and parsley that brings this Quinoa Tabouli recipe to life. Making this quinoa tabouli was the perfect excuse to ask some girlfriends over for an afternoon lunch to enjoy the salad with.
This Quinoa Tabouli recipe is very simple to make. Just cook your quinoa according to directions. I use my rice maker and it comes out perfect. Meanwhile, throw together your chopped herbs, scallions, cucumbers, tomatoes, and seasonings in a big bowl. Once the quinoa cools, add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to the salad mixture. It is best to let it rest in the refrigerator an hour or more to allow the flavors to build… However, sometimes I just can't wait.
It is a perfect choice for the summertime. It is light, fresh, citrusy, healthy, and DELICIOUS!!!
Of course good food is always better shared with some of your closest friends over a glass of wine.
Cheers to the Summer and all the excuses to celebrating Good Friends with Good Food and Summer BBQs!!!
Healthy and Nutritious Quinoa Tabouli Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Meanwhile, mix cucumber, tomato, scallions, mint, parsley, garlic, cumin, and red pepper flakes together.
- After quinoa has cooled, add it to salad mix.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Best if refrigerated for one hour before serving to allow flavors to build.