This Mexican Turkey Meatloaf Recipe is full healthy ingredients that make it tasty and spicy.
Mexican Turkey Meatloaf
If you like a little spice, you will love this Mexican Turkey Meatloaf. While it is a healthy turkey meatloaf filled with healthy ingredients, the flavor combination will amaze you. It also makes a great meal prep idea.
Healthy Turkey Meatloaf
Have you made a healthy turkey meatloaf before and found it bland and boring? Well, you didn't try this Mexican Turkey Meatloaf recipe....
I flavor this one with green chiles, salsa, taco seasoning, beans, and onion. Then I top it with enchilada sauce and cheese. The result? GENIUS!
It packs a little heat, but man is it GOOD!!!! (You can use all mild flavors if you can't take the heat.)
I know my pictures are not the best. It is hard to make meatloaf pretty... so DON'T JUDGE THIS Mexican MEATLOAF by the picture. Just take my word that this is some good stuff if you like a little spice.
Meal Prep Idea
This Mexican Turkey Meatloaf freezes well and makes a great meal prep idea. I often make a batch big enough for dinner and then extra to put in the freezer. I do meal prep for my husband's lunches with Freshware 15-Pack 2 Compartment Bento Lunch Boxes with Lids - Stackable, Reusable, Microwave, Dishwasher & Freezer Safe - Meal Prep, Portion Control, 21 Day Fix & Food Storage Containers (25oz).
I try to pack him healthy lunches for work. He was eating at restaurants every day for lunch and it was making him gain weight. My meal prep has been the perfect solution. My meals are all healthy and wholesome and ready in the freezer. We have been really successful with it helping him eat better. Plus it saves a lot of money. The Mexican Quinoa and Jalapeño, Cilantro, & Lime Brown Rice freeze well also if you are looking for meal prep ideas!
Mexican Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 4 oz can green chiles
- 15.5 oz can black beans drained
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 egg
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 8 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh chopped tomatoes cilantro, and jalapeños for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, chiles, beans, taco seasoning, salsa, egg, onion, and oatmeal.
- Form a large loaf and put in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered.
- Cover with enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake for an additional 45 to 1 hour until fully cooked.
- Allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Top with chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and fresh jalapeños.