Mexican Fried Ice Cream, who couldn't love that?
Made with a crunchy, sweet, buttery outer layer and a sweet, creamy, cinnamon, ice cream center; it has become one of our favorite ice cream treats!
When I have a bunch of kids coming over, I make this Fried Ice Cream. I know that I become the "cool" mom for serving this to them.
They practically drool over the stuff. They have no idea how easy it is to make and they think it is the greatest dessert ever… Could be because it is?
You will need the following ingredients to make Mexican fried ice cream:
- vanilla ice cream
- cool whip
Note: Measure the corn flakes after they are crushed.
How to make Fried Ice Cream
Follow these easy steps on how to make fried ice cream!
- First you pan fry crushed cornflakes in butter and sugar until crispy.
- Next you spread half of corn flakes in a 9x13 baking dish.
- You mix ice cream, cool whip, and cinnamon together and spread it over the cornflakes.
- Then you add the remaining layer of cornflakes and drizzle it with honey. INCREDIBLE!!! YES!
- Finally, freeze the Mexican fried ice cream it for 5 hours or overnight.
It is great by itself or you can garnish it with your favorite ice cream toppings.
Easy, right? Give it a try. You will make some folks pretty HAPPY!!!!
I tried Fried Ice Cream for the first time at our favorite Mexican Restaurant when I was pregnant with my daughter and instantly became hooked.
I literally would go to eat there and order only this tasty Mexican dessert. If I had room for anything else, then I would order a meal…. My cravings were out of control.
Could be why my daughter has such a sweet tooth???? Either way, I had to figure out how to make it myself.
This recipe tastes very similar to our restaurants. I hope you enjoy it.
Please leave me a comment below if you make this fried ice cream and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
If you like this Mexican fried ice cream recipe, check out some of my other Mexican Inspired recipes!
- Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Spicy Mexican Chicken Soup
- Mexican Quinoa
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 20 Easy and Delicious Salsa Recipes
- Mexican Turkey Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Spicy Cream Cheese Taco Dip
- Skinny Citrus Rosemary Margarita with Jalapeño Infused Tequila
- Jalapeño, Cilantro, Lime Brown Rice
Mexican Fried Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes measure after crushed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter or ½ cup
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 16 oz cool whip
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- chocolate syrup caramel syrup, whipped cream, and cherries for garnishing (optional)
- Set 1 quart of vanilla ice cream out to lightly soften.
- Meanwhile, melt ½ cup butter in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add crushed 3 ½ cups cornflakes and ¾ cup sugar, mixing and stirring continuously. Be careful not to burn. Cook until crispy.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread half of cornflakes on 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix ice cream, 16 oz cool whip, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Spread ice cream mixture over cornflakes.
- Spread remaining cornflakes over ice cream.
- Drizzle honey over cornflakes.
- Cover pan and freeze 5 hour or overnight.
- Cut in squares to serve.