This delicious marinated cheese tray makes a beautiful appetizer, perfect for entertaining. This cheese platter combines cheddar, cream cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese and is marinated in fresh herbs. It is scrumptious and well presented.
Marinated Cheese Tray
“Life is too short for fake butter, cheese, or people.” Years ago my friend brought this marinated cheese tray to my house for a dinner party I was throwing. I was so impressed. The colors were so vibrant and the presentation was beautiful. I couldn’t wait to try it and I wasn’t disappointed.
The Marinated Cheese Tray tasted as good as it looked. When she explained how simple it was to make, I begged her for the recipe. I believe she originally found the recipe in Southern Living Magazine, but I can’t be sure. (Southern Living is a staple magazine in a Southerner’s house. It has lots of fantastic recipes and restaurant reviews!) Now it is a staple for most of my larger dinner parties. It is a great filler, very inexpensive to make, looks stunning, and is always gone at the end of the night.
This cheese platter is also perfect for wine night! Pair it with my Pomegranate Sangria and you will have a party hit!
*Cooking Note: When making the marinade, put all of it in a large mason jar, shake it up, and pour. This allows you to evenly pour the topping on the cheese. It is important to use fresh herbs, not dry herbs in this recipe. Don’t panic if the shapes are not perfectly the same. Just do your best to come close. When you pour the marinade on top, it hides the imperfections.
Marinated Cheese Tray-Cheddar, Monterey Jack, & Cream Cheese Platter
- 8 oz Block Cheddar
- 8 oz Block Cream Cheese
- 8 oz Block Monterey Jack Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 ounces Jar Pimento drained
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Green Onion chopped
- 3 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Basil chopped
- Salt And Pepper
- Cut cheese in half lengthwise. Then cut each half into 1/4 in thick square slices. Cream Cheese is a slightly different shape. Compare the other cheeses to cream cheese to get a correct cutting size. You want all the cheese slices to be the same size and shape.
- Arrange cheese slices alternately on a shallow serving dish standing each slice on its edge.
- Mix together remaining marinade ingredients in in a jar. Shake well. Pour marinade over cheese.
- Cover and chill 6 to 8 hours to marinate.