This make-ahead baked raspberry french toast casserole cream cheese recipe has always been a favorite. It is delicious and makes a beautiful presentation.
I am often asked to bring a breakfast dish to morning gatherings that will feed a crowd.
Serve it with coffee and my Buck's Fizz Champagne Punch and you have a fancy, delicious gourmet breakfast!
French toast casserole with cream cheese
This French toast casserole with cream cheese recipe has always been my favorite go-to.
It makes a beautiful presentation.
It is also one of the best french toast recipes you will ever eat!
I am always asked for the recipe and now I am sharing with you!
You will need the following ingredients to make this:
- Challah- You can substitute with French bread.
- cream cheese-You can substitute with Neufchâtel.
- half and half cream
- butter- Use real butter.
- real maple syrup- Do not substitute with pancake syrup.
- fresh raspberries
- raspberries preserve
I love raspberries in this recipe.
However, you can use strawberries, blue berries, or black berries for this recipe. Just use the same amount of fruit that the recipe calls for and use the same type of preserve with your fruit of choice.
What is Challah?
Challah is a beautiful braided egg bread that is slightly sweet and mildly decadent.
It is traditionally baked to celebrate the Jewish Sabbath.
It also makes the most delectable French toast and it is what makes this recipe really shine!
Because you assemble this french toast casserole cream cheese recipe the previous night, you save time in the morning.
This makes your hectic mornings so much easier if you are entertaining guests.
Baking this breakfast casserole will also make your kitchen smell AMAZING!!
Raspberry, maple syrup, and hints of butter and vanilla will fill the air. You will have to resist the temptation of digging in that breakfast casserole before everyone else!
You will love every one of those dishes! Be sure to try them all! Enjoy!
If you do make these recipes and love them, be sure to tell me about it. I love hearing back from my readers! xoxo
Please leave me a comment below if you make this breakfast casserole, and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
French Toast Casserole with Cream Cheese
- 16 oz Challah- cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into small pieces
- 3 cups half and half
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup real maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 10 oz jar raspberry preserves
- Arrange half of cubed bread in a lightly greased 13x9in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cream cheese pieces evenly over bread.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Whisk together eggs, butter, half and half, and maple syrup.
- Pour over bread, pressing bread cubes to absorb egg mixture.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
- Heat raspberry preserves in a saucepan over low heat until completely melted.
- Top French toast casserole with raspberries.
- Drizzle raspberry preserves over the French toast casserole. Serve.