This Low-Carb Creamy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe is delicious, easy, and healthy.
One of my favorite things about summer is the promise of bright, red, sun-ripened garden tomatoes. They taste much better than the grocery store, tasteless, winter tomatoes.
This post contains affiliate links.
After grabbing several ripe tomatoes from a farmers market, I needed a proper recipe to put them to good use. What goes better with tomatoes than basil? Inspired by the tomatoes and basil, I created this Low-Carb Creamy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe. The creamy, rich basil sauce compliments the chicken and zucchini noodles PERFECTLY!
The winning topping is the fresh, vibrant, flavorful, uncooked tomatoes.
Everyone in my house loved this dish. It is worthy of bragging. Try it. You will love it. If you are on a low-carb diet, this dish is guiltless. If you are not on a low-carb diet, I still recommend the zucchini noodles. The sauce and the zucchini are a great combination of flavors. Enjoy!
*I always precut my zucchini noodles before cooking. It prevents stress not having to cut them in the middle of cooking my sauce. You can also cut them the night before. To learn more about zucchini noodles, check out my Spiralizer post here.
Low-Carb Creamy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- 3 zucchini
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs dry white wine
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup parmesan
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut zucchini with medium blade on Spiralizer.
- Lightly sauté zucchini until they are al-dente.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Grill Chicken on grill. When chicken is cooked, set aside until sauce is completed.
- Meanwhile, sauté garlic in olive oil until lightly brown in a non-stick pan.
- Add dry white wine to garlic.
- Add in heavy cream. Cook on medium heat, stirring until it begins to lightly bubble.
- Cook on low, stirring frequently until thickens. This should take between 20-25 minutes for the perfect thickness.
- Once thickened, add parmesean and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Mix in basil.
- To plate: zucchini on bottom. Top with grilled chicken. Cover chicken and zucchini with sauce. Top with fresh tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.