Do you love carbonara? Then you will love this is a creamy, rich, indulgent, Low Carb Carbonara Recipe made with zoodles.
It took a couple of tweaks to get this recipe right, but I think I have done it! Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you an amazing, creamy, rich, indulgent low carb version of the famous Carbonara that will knock your socks off.
This post contains affiliate links.
My version is made with zoodles instead of noodles from my nifty Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer Pro, 4-Blade. If you don't know what zoodles are or if you want to learn about the Paderno Spirlalizer; you can read all about it here.
I will totally admit to you, that in some zoodle substitute recipes, you really miss the noodles. However, this is not one of them. The zucchini really pairs well with the rich, creamy, salty Carbonara sauce. If you love Carbonara sauce, then you will LOVE my Low Carb Carbonara Recipe. Enjoy my friends! And when you love it, I told you so!
*Cooking Tip: Cook Carbonara Sauce and zoodles separate. The zoodles will make your sauce runny if you cook them together. You can mix them in together when your sauce is complete and your zoodles are your desired texture.
*Cooking Tip: Let your combined Carbonara Sauce and zoodles rest a few minutes before serving. This will allow the sauce to thicken a little extra and attach itself to the zoodles.
Low Carb Carbonara
- ½ Pound of Bacon
- ½ Cup of Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbs Minced Garlic
- 500 ML Heavy Cream
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Frozen or Fresh Peas
- ½ Cup of Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 3 Spiralized Zucchini
- Spiralize your zucchini into zoodles.
- Cook Bacon. Remove Bacon and Crumble. Save 2 tbs of grease from bacon and remove remaining grease.
- Cook onion and garlic in grease until translucent.
- Meanwhile, cook zoodles to desired texture in a separate pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and cream together.
- Add cream mixture to onion and garlic and cook on low until thickened. It is important to cook on low and constantly stir to keep eggs from scrambling.
- When desired thickness, mix in parmesan. Add in peas. Cook until peas are cooked. Turn off stove. Add in bacon. Add in zoodles. Salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Rest a few minutes then serve. Top with a little extra parmesan.