This juicy oven baked burger sliders recipe was inspired by the famous Krystal and White Castle Burgers.
These flavorful little cheeseburgers are easy to make in big batches and are guaranteed to disappear in minutes!
I have you covered with this Krystle Burger copycat recipe and White Castle Burger copycat recipe.
These juicy mini burger sliders have the same signature onion flavor as the Krystle Burgers and White Castle Burgers.
Watch how to make oven baked burger sliders
What makes them so good
What makes these mini burgers better is that I add in tons of cheese, and serve them on Hawaiian rolls that are topped with a butter glaze.
Once you make these, this Oven Baked Burger Sliders Recipe will be your new favorite dish for all of your parties.
After all, what is more fun than eating a slider?
Especially a juicy, flavorful, cheeseburger slider. YUUUMMMMMM!!!!!
This is the list of ingredients you will need to make baked burger sliders.
- white onion- You will want to finely chop into tiny pieces.
- 80/20 ground beef- the fattier ground beef will make the burgers more juicy and flavorful.
- seasoned salt or regular salt
- American Cheese- You can substitute for cheddar, but to taste similar to a Krystal or White Castle burger, you will want American cheese. It melts creamier.
- Hawaiian Rolls
- dill pickle chips
- butter- real salted butter, not margarine
- Worcestershire sauce
Making these oven burgers takes a little work, but it is worth the effort and easy to do.
Follow these steps on how to make oven burger sliders:
- Finely dice a small onion. Evenly sprinkle the onions on a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Gently pat ground beef over the onion. Press evenly making a giant hamburger patty.
- Next poke small holes in the meat. I use a straw.
- Evenly sprinkle seasoned salt over ground beef.
- Next bake the meat in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cut into ground beef into squares with a pizza cutter.
- In a 9x 13 casserole pan, cut a huge piece of foil big enough to cover whole pan. Add bottom of Hawaiian rolls over the foil. Top each roll bottom with a hamburger patty.
- Divide each American cheese slice into 4 pieces. Add 2 slices on each burger.
- Top each burger with pickles.
- Add ketchup and mustard to each burger.
- Melt butter and mix with Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Add Hawaiian roll tops on each burger. Then lightly brush butter mixture on top of each bun.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve!
NOTE: It is really important for the onion to be finely chopped. This allows the onion to evenly distribute into the patties. You don't want overwhelming big chunks of onion when you take a bite.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect oven baked burgers.
- Use 80/20 ground beef. This will make your burgers juicy. You can use 85% lean ground beef, but I would not suggest 90%. At 90%, your baked burgers may turn out dry.
- Drain all excess fat and liquid!!!
- If you really want to have a Krystle and White Castle Burgers Copycat, use the American cheese. Real cheddar cheese is great on these oven baked burgers, but it melts differently than the American cheese.
- Cover your pan with tin foil when you bake your burgers in the Hawaiian Rolls. This will steam the buns.
- If you don't cover with foil, the buns become hard.
- If you want to lightly crisp the tops of the buns, you can remove the foil on the last 5 minutes.
- I like to have my burgers rest 5 minutes before serving. It gives it a chance for the flavors in the ground beef to circulate properly and helps maintain the juice.
- Use dill pickle slices over Kosher slices.
Are you a slider Fan?
If you are a slider fan, try my Muffuletta Sliders also!
The Muffuletta Sliders and these Oven Burgers make AMAZING Tailgate Food and party food!
Perfect Slider Side Dishes
Wondering what to serve with these tasty burger sliders? Here is a list of delicious sides that will go perfectly with your sliders:
- Easy Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- Baked Calico Beans
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Dill Cucumber Salad
- Summer Corn Salad
- Broccoli Bacon Salad
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Seven Layered Salad
- BLT Deviled Eggs
- Jalapeno Cheese Grits
- Southern Hoppin’ John
- Hash Brown Casserole
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and friends do. If you make this recipe and like it, please leave a comment below! I would love to hear about it.
Juicy Oven Baked Burger Sliders Recipe
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 12 slices of American Cheese or cheddar
- 24 Hawaiian Rolls
- 48 dill pickle chips
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Sprinkle evenly one finely chopped onion on a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Gently pat 2 lbs ground beef over the onion. Press evenly making a giant hamburger patty.
- Poke small holes in the meat. I use a straw.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- In a large baking dish, cut a large piece of aluminum foil and place in baking dish. (If you are using a casserole dish, you may need to 9x13 pans. If you are using a cookie sheet, you may squeeze them all in tightly in the aluminum foil.)
- Place the bottom halves of 24 Hawaiian rolls on the aluminum foil.
- Cut hamburger with a pizza cutter into 24 square patties. Place a hamburger patty on each roll.
- Cut 12 slices of cheese into 4 quarters. Layer 2 squares of cheese over patties.
- Place 2 pickles on each burger. Add ketchup and mustard to each patty.
- Melt 4tbs butter.
- In a small mixing bowl, add melted butter and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and 1 teaspoon mustard. Mix well. Brush butter mixture on top of Hawaiian rolls.
- Cover sliders with aluminum foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.