This Juicy Oven Baked Burger Sliders Recipe was inspired by the famous Krystle and White Castle Burgers. These cheesy, flavorful little burgers are easy to make in big batches and are guaranteed to disappear in minutes!
Do you love the famous Krystle and White Castle Burgers? What if you can make them at home, only better? I have you covered with this Krystle Burger copycat recipe and White Castle Burger copycat recipe.
These juicy mini burger sliders have the same signature onion flavor as the Krystle Burgers and White Castle Burgers. What makes these mini burgers better is that I add in tons of cheese, and serve them on Hawaiian rolls that are topped with a butter glaze.
Once you make these, this Oven Baked Burger Sliders Recipe will be your new favorite dish for all of your parties.
After all, what is more fun than eating a slider? Especially a juicy, flavorful, cheeseburger slider. YUUUMMMMMM!!!!!
How to Make Oven Burgers
Making these oven burgers takes a little work, but it is worth the effort and easy to do. This is the step by step directions on how to make oven burgers:
- To make these oven burgers, you first finely dice a small onion.
- Evenly sprinkle the onions on a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Then use 80/20 hamburger meat (This is not a recipe for the waste line. Be naughty and use fatty meat in this recipe.) and gently evenly spread and pat over the chopped onion. Sprinkle season salt over the meat.
- Next poke small holes in the meat. I use a straw.
- Next bake the meat in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the meat rest for about 5 minutes. Drain excess fat and liquids.
- Cut into squares with a pizza cutter.
- In a 9x 13 casserole pan, cut a huge piece of foil big enough to cover whole pan.
- Add bottom of Hawaiian rolls over the foil. Top each roll bottom with a hamburger patty, then American cheese or cheddar, then pickles, ketchup, and mustard.
- Top each burger with top of Hawaiian rolls.
- Melt butter and mix with Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Lightly brush butter mixture on top of bun.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve!
NOTE: It is really important for the onion to be finely chopped. This allows the onion to evenly distribute into the patties. You don’t want overwhelming big chunks of onion when you take a bite.
Are you a slider Fan?
If you are a slider fan, try my Muffuletta Sliders also! The Muffuletta Sliders and these Oven Burgers make AMAZING Tailgate Food and party food!
Tips for making the perfect oven baked burgers
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect oven baked burgers.
- Use 80/20 ground beef. This will make your burgers juicy. You can use 85% lean ground beef, but I would not suggest 90%. At 90%, your baked burgers may turn out dry.
- Drain all excess fat and liquid!!!
- If you really want to have a Krystle and White Castle Burgers Copycat, use the American cheese. Real cheddar cheese is great on these oven baked burgers, but it melts differently than the American cheese.
- Cover your pan with tin foil when you bake your burgers in the Hawaiian Rolls. This will steam the buns.
- If you don’t cover with foil, the buns become hard. If you want to lightly crisp the tops of the buns, you can remove the foil on the last 5 minutes.
- I like to have my burgers rest 5 minutes before serving. It gives it a chance for the flavors in the ground beef to circulate properly and helps maintain the juice.
- Use dill pickle slices over Kosher slices.
Perfect Slider Side Dishes
Wondering what to serve with these tasty burger sliders? Here is a list of delicious sides that will go perfectly with your sliders:
- Easy Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- Baked Calico Beans
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Dill Cucumber Salad
- Summer Corn Salad
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Seven Layered Salad
- BLT Deviled Eggs
- Jalapeno Cheese Grits
- Southern Hoppin’ John
- Southern Baked Beans Quintet
- Hash Brown Casserole
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and friends do. If you make this recipe and like it, please leave a comment below! I would love to hear about it.
Juicy Oven Baked Burger Sliders Recipe
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 lbs 80/20 ground beef
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 12 slices of American Cheese or cheddar
- 24 Hawaiian Rolls
- 48 dill pickle chips
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- Sprinkle evenly one finely chopped onion on a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Gently pat 2 lbs ground beef over the onion. Press evenly making a giant hamburger patty.
- Poke small holes in the meat. I use a straw.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 tsp seasoned salt.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Allow meat to rest. Drain any excess fat and liquid.
- Meanwhile in a large baking dish, cut a large piece of aluminum foil and place in baking dish. (If you are using a casserole dish, you may need to 9×13 pans. If you are using a cookie sheet, you may squeeze them all in tightly in the aluminum foil.)
- Place the bottom halves of 24 Hawaiian rolls on the aluminum foil.
- Cut hamburger with a pizza cutter into 24 square patties.
- Place a hamburger patty on each roll.
- Cut 12 slices of cheese in half. Layer cheese over patties.
- Place 2 pickles on each burger. Add ketchup and mustard to each patty.
- Melt 4tbs butter.
- In a small mixing bowl, add melted butter and 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce and 1 tsp mustard. Mix well.
- Brush butter mixture on top of Hawaiian rolls.
- Cover sliders with aluminum foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.