This delicious Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus Recipe takes only 5 minutes to make! This is a no tahini hummus recipe.
Yum! Hummus. It is one of those guilt-free snack foods that tastes amazing and somehow sneaks in healthy proteins, vitamins, and nutrients.
This Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus Recipe takes about 5 minutes to make and it is so much better than store bought hummus!
Watch how to make
Follow these easy steps to make jalapeno cilantro hummus:
- Throw all the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Process until there are no lumps and it is perfectly smooth.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
*This post contains affiliate links.
If you are looking for a good food processor, I recommend the Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel.I researched and researched for the best food processor after hating my last three processors. This one is PERFECT! It processes the food perfectly. It is powerful, sturdy, and well built. The blades meet the edges so little tiny pieces of food do not get stuck or missed. And it has a large food feed tube. It is one of my favorite appliances in the kitchen.
Why is hummus healthy?
Hummus is packed with power ingredients that does your body good.
Garbanzo beans are a high source of protein and fiber. One cup has 15 grams of protein and 12.5 grams of fiber!
This recipe adds cilantro which is a great source for antioxidants. It is also known to lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
The added jalapenos and limes in this recipe are a rich source for vitamin c.
When you whip this tasty dip together, you can feel good about it!
no tahini hummus recipe
I don't use tahini in this hummus recipe.
I only like tahini in some hummus flavors. In this recipe, it would overpower the flavors.
This is perfect for those who do not like tahini or who want to save a little extra calories in their snacking. It is very delicious either way!
Ways to Use Hummus
- great for dipping vegetables
- substitute sandwich spread in place of mayo or mustard
- dip for pita chips
- base for a veggie wrap
- mash in deviled eggs
- spread on toast and add an over easy egg
- try on my homemade tortilla chips
- spread on a veggie burger
- use as a base for a vegetable pizza
- add to a veggie quesadilla
- use for a base for english muffin melt
Looking for more tasty dip recipes? Try some of these:
- Baba Ganoush
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Texas Caviar
- Greek Seven Layer Dip
- Olive Pimento Cheese Spread
- Cream Cheese Taco Dip
- Dill Pickle Dip
Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus Recipe
- 30 ounces canned Garbanzo Beans Drained
- ¾ Cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Garlic
- 2 Cups Cilantro
- 2 Jalapeños Seeded
- 2 Limes juiced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Add 30 ounces of drained canned garbanzo beans with ¾ cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons of garlic, 2 cups fresh cilantro, 2 seeded jalapeno, and 2 juiced limes into a food processor or blender.
- Process until no clumps. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bread, chips, or vegetables.
Mmmm! Cilantro and jalapeno with hummus? Yes please! I love your suggestion of using hummus as a substitute for mayonnaise... so much healthier!
I love this recipe! I am excited to try this and serve with bread. Thanks for sharing.
I love homemade hummus, but this cilantro jalopeno variation is definitely going to become a favorite. Heading to the store to get everything I need!
You cannot beat a 5 minute recipe, I love the sound of this... So many great flavours!