Do you love stuffed cabbage? Then you will love this Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage Soup recipe.
It has all of your favorite ingredients of traditional stuffed cabbage thrown together easily in the Instant Pot.
The result is a big bowl of warm, tasty, comfort food.
I love little stuffed cabbage rolls. They make me think of my grandma.
She would make them by scratch and serve them for dinner time to time.
However, wrapping the meatballs in cabbage are a bit of work and time consuming.
Luckily, this Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage Soup recipe has all of the same tasty ingredients that make stuffed cabbage so yummy without any fuss!
Watch how to make
It is cooked in under 30 minutes and comes out PERFECT!!
How great is that?
You will definitely want to add this to your dinner rotation.
You will need the following ingredients to make homemade Instant Pot stuffed cabbage soup:
- ground breakfast sausage- Choose mild or spicy depending on how spicy you like your soup.
- ground beef
- diced onion- You can substitute with 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- crushed garlic- You can substitute with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- hot sauce-This is more for flavor. It is such a small amount, it will not make your soup too spicy.
- beef broth
- crushed tomatoes- You can substitute with peeled whole tomatoes, chopped tomatoes, or plain stewed tomatoes. If you use whole or stewed, chop tomatoes into smaller bite sizes.
Making Stuffed Cabbage Soup is easy! Follow these instructions:
- Brown ground breakfast sausage and ground beef. Drain any grease.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Close and lock lid. Turn on manual high setting for 4 minutes.
- Once done, natural release for 5 minutes. Then do a fast release for any additional time. Stir and serve.
Didn't I tell you it was easy? I have a delicious Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe also if you like this one!! It is a hit in our home as well.
Can you freeze leftovers?
This Instant pot stuffed cabbage soup freezes very easy.
Store in an airtight container or freezer bag.
When ready to serve, thaw completely and reheat.
This recipe is most flavorful with ground beef and ground breakfast sausage.
However, you can substitute with ground turkey or ground chicken and ground turkey breakfast sausage.
It will still be flavorful and delicious!
Looking for more soup recipes?
For other great soup recipes, try:
- Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Instant Pot Mexican Chicken Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Hamburger Soup
- Instant Pot Chili Mac
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
Please leave me a comment below if you make this Instant Pot stuffed cabbage soup and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
Instant Pot Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 onion diced
- ½ cup rice uncooked
- ½ cabbage head about 4 cups
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Turn Instant Pot sauté setting on.
- Cook 1 pound ground beef and 1 pound breakfast sausage until fully brown. Drain grease.
- Add 1 diced onion, ½ cup uncooked rice, 32 ounces beef broth, 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, 4 crushed garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, ½ cabbage head diced, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Close and lock lid. Turn on manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Natural release 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining time.
- Mix and serve.