This flavorful island inspired Instant Pot Hawaiian Pulled Pork is easy and delicious.
This Instant Pot Hawaiian Pulled Pork is absolutely delicious. It is perfect by itself or made into sliders, tacos, or lettuce wraps.
I have fallen in love with my Instant Pot. I use it every week. It makes dinner so fast and easy. Everything cooked in it turns out tasty. I have made things like 15 Minute Instant Pot Orange Chicken, Instant Pot Italian Beef Dinner, and Instant Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken.
I Love My Instant Pot
I was very excited when I was given The I Love My Instant Pot Recipe Book: From Trail Mix Oatmeal to Mongolian Beef BBQ, 175 Easy and Delicious Recipes to review. It has 175 Instant Pot recipes from breakfast through dessert!! These incredible recipes make cooking a piece of cake. Most of them you just throw in the Instant Pot and out comes a fabulous meal for your family.
The author, Michelle Fagone is “a mother of two young girls, an entrepreneur, and an avid Paleo food chef. She has a passion for healthy living and for sharing her unique insights via her recipes, her blog the Cave Girl Cuisine , and now her five cookbooks. Despite being a southern gal at heart, her travel and food experiences as a Navy brat and current Army spouse, have enabled a unique appreciation for worldly flavors. While comfort is the basis for most of her recipes, you will often find a twist of exciting flavors and combinations which makes her recipes not only appealing to a broad audience, but uniquely delicious!”
Michelle writes you great tips and tricks on how to cook with your Instant Pot. She also shares recipes such as Strawberry Cream-Filled French Toast Casserole, Boston Baked Beans, Thai Coconut Carrot Soup, Tipsy Chuck Roast, Steamed Mussels in White Wine, and Lemon Cheesecake.
Are you drooling yet? Do you want a copy? I love my The I Love My Instant Pot Recipe Book: From Trail Mix Oatmeal to Mongolian Beef BBQ, 175 Easy and Delicious Recipes, so you can’t have mine. Sorry, you will have to get your own.
Hawaiian Pulled Pork
Today I am sharing with you the Instant Pot Hawaiian Pulled Pork found on page 134 of the The I Love My Instant Pot Recipe Book: From Trail Mix Oatmeal to Mongolian Beef BBQ, 175 Easy and Delicious Recipes. It is slightly sweet, incredibly juicy and tender, and full of flavor. My whole family loved it. I put it on lettuce wraps and served it with a side of brown rice. It would be great to be made into mini sliders or tacos. I will be making this over and over again.
Don’t be intimidated by the list of ingredients. It looks like a lot, but it is mainly composed of stuff you probably have on hand in the pantry. It was super easy to make. You will love it, I promise! Make this recipe and order the The I Love My Instant Pot Recipe Book: From Trail Mix Oatmeal to Mongolian Beef BBQ, 175 Easy and Delicious Recipes. Your family will love the recipes and you will love how effortless they are to cook! xoxo
Hawaiian Pulled Pork - Instant Pot Recipe
- 5 lb pork butt or shoulder
- Dry Rub:
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs rice wine
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and halved
- 1 tbs freshly grated ginger
- Dry pork butt with paper towel and set aside.
- For the Dry Rub: In a small bowl, combine all dry rub ingredients. Massage dry rub into all sides of the pork. Refrigerate covered for up to 1 hour or overnight.
- For sauce: Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce reduces by a quarter and starts to thicken. Cool for 5 minutes. Add to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Place pork butt into the Instant Pot and pour sauce over the meat. Lock the lid.
- Press the Manual button and adjust time to 85 minutes. When timer beeps, naturally release until valve drops. Check the pork to make sure it falls apart. If not, press the saute button and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- With meat inside the Instant Pot, use two forks and pull the pork apart. Stir pork with sauce. Serve using a slotted spoon.