If you’re in the South, this instant pot cube steak recipe might be a favorite. If you haven’t tried it, here’s the recipe to replicate this recipe at home.
Country Style Steak is a favorite meal in many homes in the South. It is made with lightly battered cube steak that is cooked in a brown gravy and onions until tender.
Country Style Instant Pot Cube Steak Recipe
Usually, you do not cut the cubed steak into smaller pieces. If you are frying the cubed steak in a separate pan, you will not need to. However, if you are cooking everything in the Instant Pot (and why dirty another dish?) then you will cut the cube steak into smaller pieces to fry them in the Instant Pot easily with space around the meat to prevent touching. The space prevents steaming the meat and allows it to cook a crispy outer crust.
After cutting the cubed steak, toss the meat into a ziplock bag filled with flour giving it a nice flour dust on all sides of the meat.
Add oil to the Instant Pot and cook steaks on the Sauté setting on each side until crust is brown and crispy (about 3 minutes a side). Set aside the steak.
Deglaze the Instant Pot pan with some of the beef broth.
Add onions and cook until tender.
Return the steak to the Instant Pot. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 20 minutes on manual High setting.
Out comes some of the best country Style instant pot cube steak you will ever eat. Serve it over rice or with a side of mashed potatoes. Can you say, Yum? Did you enjoy this country-style instant pot cube steak recipe? Let me know in the comments. Don’t forget to share the article with friends and family.
- 2 lbs cube steak
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 onions
- 10.5 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1 dry package of Lipton Onion Soup mix
- Cut cube steak into smaller pieces.
- Add flour to
- Add steak one at a time to
ziplockbag to flour meat.
- Add oil to Instant Pot. Turn on Sauté setting.
- Add cube steak in batches to Instant Pot. Cook on each side until browned and crispy.
- Set cube steak aside. Deglaze
bottomof Instant Pot with 3 tbs of the beef broth.
- Add onions and cook them until tender.
- Return cube steak on top of onions.
- Mix remaining broth, cream of celery soup, and Lipton onion soup mix.
- Add sauce mixture over the cube steak.
- Cook on Manual High for 20 minutes.
- Quick release pressure.
- Turn off Instant Pot and rest for 5 minutes. (This will thicken the gravy.) Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes.