This Instant Pot Chili Mac makes the perfect hearty comfort food meal for any day of the week. It is a one pot dish that is easily made in under 30 minutes.
The delicious combination of pasta, chili, beans, and cheese will have you going back for seconds. You will want to cook this recipe again and again.
I never get tired of cooking in my Instant Pot. It keeps cleaning the dishes down to a minimum and cooks everything so fast.
As a child, chili mac and cheese was a staple meal in my mother's home. It is easy, inexpensive to make, feeds a crowd, and tasty.
Recreating my mother's version in the Instant Pot brings back so many memories of my mother making it over the stove in her little kitchen. I absolutely loved it and I hope you will too.
Steps to make Instant Pot Chili Mac
Making Chili Mac in the Instant Pot is so easy!!!! Follow these steps
- Turn on Saute setting. Add ground beef and garlic. (photo 1)
- Brown ground beef and garlic. (photo 2)
- Add in the spices, onions, bell pepper, and celery. (photo 3)
- Cook until vegetables are softened. (photo 4)
- Add the remaining ingredients. (photo 5)
- Cook on the High Manual setting for 4 minutes. (Photo 6)
- Quick release. Stir in the cheese... That is it. How easy is that? (photo 7)
This post contains affiliate links.
*Note: When cooking the ground beef, I use this ChopStir Original Ground Meat Chopper, Frozen Juice Concentrate Stirrer, Heat-Resistant Nylon, Made in the USA, Black. It grinds the meat into tiny pieces while cooking.
*Note: There are no hot peppers in this recipe. Therefore, this recipe is not spicy. If you want to make it spicy, add cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to spice it up.
What are the best beans to use?
Traditionally, my mom used kidney beans for this chili mac recipe. However, if you do not like kidney beans, pinto beans or black beans make a great substitute.
If you do not like beans in your chili mac, you can omit the beans all together. It will still taste amazing.
Can you freeze It?
Instant pot Chili mac is easy to freeze.
- Seal chili mac and cheese in freezer safe containers, date, and label.
- To reheat, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator or quickly in the microwave.
- You can reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or in the microwave.
I like to make a big batch and freeze half for a meal to eat on a busy night that I don't have time to cook.
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other Instant Pot Recipes. Some favorites are:
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Country Style Steak
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Gumbo
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Instant Pot Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
When you make this Instant Pot Chili Mac, tell me what you think in the comment section! I would love to hear back! My readers will too.
Instant Pot Chili Mac
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 30 oz kidney beans (2 cans)
- 20 oz rotel with green chili (2 cans)
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 8 oz elbow macaroni uncooked
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on Saute setting. Brown 1 lb. ground beef and 2 minced garlic cloves until fully cooked.
- Add in 1 chopped bell pepper, ½ cup chopped celery, 1 chopped onion, 2 tbs. chili powder, 2 tsp. cumin, and 1 tsp. seasoned salt. Cook until all vegetables are softened.
- Add 2 cups chicken broth, 30oz drained kidney beans, 20 oz tomatoes with chilies, 15 oz tomato sauce, and 8 oz macaroni. Stir.
- Close and lock lid. Cook on Manual High Pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick release. Stir the pasta and chili.
- Add in 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.