This is an easy recipe on how to make Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli.
Need a family dinner idea? How about this Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe? Beef and Broccoli is a popular dish for take-out, but you can make it easy at home in your Instant Pot. It is the perfect meal for the whole family to enjoy.
This post contains affiliate links.
I have mentioned before in my 15 Minute Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken Recipe that I do a lot of meal prep in my home to stay on track eating healthy. I make a bunch of meals in a day in my Instant Pot and then portion them in freezable containers so I can grab meals through the week that are healthy and balanced. This keeps our family from eating out every day.
We try to eat 80% healthy, wholesome meals…. and 20% of the naughty, guilty stuff like my AMAZING Coconut Cream Poke Cake (I am drooling thinking about it again… Man is that cake INCREDIBLE!) or my wicked good Juicy Oven Baked Burger Sliders.
This Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli Recipe is perfect for eating right away or for meal prep because it freezes well. This is one of those few meals I can sneak in the broccoli with my daughter. She won’t eat broccoli plain, but she likes it cooked in this sauce. So that is another added bonus in our home!
If you buy the flank steak on sale, this is a relatively cheap meal also! Win! Win! Serve it over rice or with some extra veggies or both! Forget the take out and try this recipe out. You will love it. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs flank steak, cut against grain into thin strips
- 3 tbs sesame or peanut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- ¾ cup soy sauce (use low sodium if you are worried about the sodium)
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 1 lb fresh broccoli or frozen (do not buy chopped frozen broccoli)
- ½ teaspoon powder ground ginger (If you like a stronger ginger taste, use fresh ginger)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Serve with rice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, beef broth, garlic, and ginger.
- Add meat to marinade mixture and marinade in refrigerator for 2 or more hours.
- Add oil and onions to Instant Pot and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add meat and marinade mixture to Instant Pot and cook on Manual Setting on High for 10 minutes, 8 minutes if very thin sliced.
- While beef is cooking, cook broccoli. Drain any extra liquid and set aside.
- Quick release Instant Pot when done.
- Remove ½ cup of liquid and mix with corn starch until no lumps. Add back in the liquid mixture and stir. Cook until sauce has thickened.
- Add in broccoli.
- Serve over rice.