With just a few steps, this Instant Pot Balsamic Pot Roast can be made in your kitchen in less than an hour. The delicious roast will come out juicy and tender, paired with flavorful carrots and potatoes for the perfect comfort meal that your whole family will enjoy.
I have been busy cooking with my Instant Pot again. I am breaking out that brilliant cooking device almost every week.
Earlier I shared with you my Instant Pot Italian Beef Dinner Recipe. My family loves pot roast, so I like trying to come up with new ways to make it. This week, I am sharing with you how to make this tasty Balsamic Pot Roast. I am not sure which I like more…. they are both good. I suggest you try both and tell me which you prefer.
I love using my Instant Pot for pot roasts because they come out cooked like you have been slowly cooking them forever and they were finished in an hour or less.
For this recipe, I used those cute little pearl onions. I don’t use them enough in my recipes and it is such a shame because they are so flavorful. They really are terrific in this dish.
The balsamic gravy really gives the roast and potatoes a nice finish. The gravy is a little sweet and a little salty mixed in with that lovely beef flavor. I mix in cornstarch in the end to thicken up the gravy. You can totally skip this step if you wish. The sauce will be more watery… but it will still have that incredible flavor.
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 14.4 oz frozen white pearl onions
- 6 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 lb potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb baby carrots
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs cornstarch (optional)
- Turn on Sauté setting.
- Add olive oil and brown beef chuck on both sides.
- Remove meat from heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook until tender.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Pour into Instant Pot.
- Add potatoes, beef chuck roast, and carrots.
- Cook on Manual + High for 45 minutes.
- Naturally release.
- To thicken sauce, remove beef, onions, carrots, and potatoes. In a small bowl, mix ½ cup of pot roast broth with cornstarch making sure there are no lumps. Add mixture back into the Instant Pot with the gravy. Cook on Sauté setting until the gravy has thickened. Pour over roast and potatoes.