This recipe on how to make cauliflower fried rice incorporates all the yummy flavors of traditional fried rice, but is low carb, gluten free, & delicious. This recipe is healthy and easy to make, what are you waiting for?
Who doesn't love fried rice? What if you can make a low carb, gluten free version with the same great taste? Impossible? Absolutely not! This recipe on how to make cauliflower fried rice incorporates all the yummy flavors of traditional fried rice, but is cooked healthy and delicious. For an added bonus, it is faster and easier than making "real" fried rice! Try it! What do you have to loose?
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Let me first begin by admitting that I am NOT a big fan of cauliflower. I tried the cauliflower "mashed potatoes," and it tasted like mashed cauliflower... I tried the cauliflower pizza crust, and well.... I thought it was a lot of work for an okay turn out. I much prefer my low carb spinach crust pizza recipe. It is much easier and much tastier.
This post contains affiliate links.
This low carb, gluten free Cauliflower Fried Rice really tastes similar to "real" fried rice.
WIN! WIN! It does not have the same exact texture as fried rice, but the cauliflower absorbs all the flavorful ingredients and makes it "taste" like fried rice.
It has become my new favorite side dish for a lot of my meals. Even if you are not on a low carb diet, this is a great way to cut the calories and still keep the taste. If you are not a huge fan of cauliflower (like me) this is an excellent way to sneak in this veggie. Plus it is so much easier than cooking rice. Who doesn't love a way to make life easier?
This how to make cauliflower fried rice:
*I actually use frozen cauliflower. It is cheaper and easy to deal with. You can use fresh. You would just cook it a few minutes longer.
*Microwave the cauliflower for 45 seconds. This makes it easier to chop up in the food processor. You can skip this part if you have a great food processor, but I do this just to keep down the wear and tear on one of my favorite kitchen devices. I LOVE, LOVE my Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel and highly recommend the splurge if you are looking for a really amazing food processor. I can't live without mine and it makes cooking so much easier.
* Run the cauliflower chunks through the food grater attachment in your food processor. If your food processor doesn't have this attachment you can just process it in the chopper but it won't cut quite the same.
*Heat your pan before adding cauliflower. You want it hot and ready to begin cooking. DO NOT add salt until cauliflower is tender. Otherwise you might create a watery mess.
*Once your cauliflower is tender you can add in your garlic, onions, and veggies and begin to stir fry.
*When your veggies are almost perfect, create a well in the middle of the pan. Add a little extra sesame oil. Add an egg to the center. You will then scramble it. Once it is cooked, you will mix it in with the rest of the cauliflower rice.
*Last step would be to add in your soy sauce or if you are making it gluten free then you would use Tamari.
Wa La! You have an amazingly delicious and healthy cauliflower fried rice. You are welcome. xoxo
Did you enjoy this recipe about How to make cauliflower fried rice? Please comment below and don't forget to share it with friends.
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice - Nice and Easy
- 2 12 oz frozen bags of cauliflower or 1 large head of cauliflower chopped in big chunks
- 1 tbs sesame oil + 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 tbs finely sliced carrots
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs soy sauce or Tamari if gluten-free
- If using frozen cauliflower, microwave 45 seconds to allow food processor to grate it easier.
- Push cauliflower through food processor using with the grating attachment. If you do not have the grating attachment, you can use the regular blade, but it will be cut different.
- Heat 1 tbs of sesame oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add cauliflower. Cook for one minute. Add green onions, peas, and carrots then stir fry until cauliflower is just beginning to turn tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and continue to stir fry for about 30 more seconds.
- Create a well in the center of the cauliflower rice and add 1 tsp of sesame oil. Crack an egg in the center and scramble. Once cooked, mix egg in with the cauliflower rice. Add salt, pepper, and Tamari or Soy Sauce.
- Serve hot.