Learn how to make baba ganoush with this easy recipe.It is perfect to make for a delicious appetizer, snack, or for a healthy spread on a sandwich. All ingredients are natural, paleo, whole 30, low carb, and gluten free.
easy baba ganoush recipe
I started making this easy baba ganoush recipe years ago when I was on my low-carb diet. It made a perfect dip for my veggies with no guilt. I loved the creamy soft texture. It is so flavorful. Most people spread it on pita or nan. I am no longer on a low carb diet, but I cut carbs when I can. However, this baba ganoush is amazing if you spread it on pita, then layer it with lettuce, feta, onions, tomatoes, and olives; and eat it like a Mediterranean Pizza…. SOOO GOOD!
Recently, eggplant was really cheap at Aldi’s. It was only $1.20 an eggplant. I scooped up a couple made a huge batch of for a girls weekend. (It pays to have a good friend that is a food blogger, right?) We devoured it in less than 24 hours. My friends were begging for the recipe. I said, “Give me a couple of days and it will be up.”
I don’t mean to brag, but honestly, this easy baba ganoush recipe is DELICIOUS!!! It can stand side by side any baba ganoush that you would order in a Mediterranean restaurant.
How to Make Baba Ganoush
Making Baba Ganoush is incredibly easy. Here are some tips on how to make baba ganoush:
- Use a pretty, medium sized eggplant.
- Roast the eggplant until completely soft. If it isn’t completely roasted, you will have chunks and it won’t be perfectly creamy.
- Use a good tahini paste. Make sure you mix the tahini paste before adding it to the eggplant. If you don’t mix it properly you will have a disproportionate amount of sesame seeds or oil.
- Traditional baba ganoush is roasted over an open flame to create a smoke taste. If you want a smokey taste, char the eggplant on the grill or over an open flame before roasting it.
- Once roasted, scoop out the eggplant and process in food processor with tahini, garlic, cumin, and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- You can drizzle a little olive oil on top for extra flavoring.
How to Make Baba Ganoush
Learn how to make baba ganoush with this easy recipe. It is perfect to make for a delicious appetizer, snack, or for a healthy spread on a sandwich. All ingredients are natural, paleo, whole 30, low carb, and gluten free.
- 1 eggplant medium to large sized
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425.
Slice eggplant in half. Pierce outside skin with a fork. Lay flat on a foil lined baking sheet.
Bake 45- 50 minutes until the eggplant is completely soft and collapsing.
Remove from oven. Completely cool. Scoop out eggplant and add to a food processor.
Add remaining ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy.
Baba Ganoush can be stored in an air tight container up to 5 days in the refrigerator.