This post is sponsored by the Wente Vineyards but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
This is an easy tutorial on how to make antipasto board (antipasti platter) table runner. Impress your friends with this beautiful display of Antipasto foods. This delicious platter is paired with wine. Wine plus dinner equals winner.
“Friends are therapists you can drink with.”
One of my favorite things in the world to do is eat good food and drink good wine with my friends. My friends love to come over and nibble on a bunch of different foods instead of eating one dish. So when they come over, we are typically opening a bottle of wine and I am putting out a bunch of different cheeses, meats, and homemade dips.
Then I thought to myself, wouldn’t it be cool to make antipasto table runner for all of my friends to gather at the table around? I went to Home Depot and picked out a nice sized piece of wood that wasn’t too thick or thin. I sanded it down and treated it. Super easy!!! You can also go to a local lumber store and they can cut it to the exact size you want.
How to make an Antipasto Board Table Runner (Antipasti Platter)
Watch the video tutorial on how to make antipasto (antipasti platter). Impress your friends and guests with this beautiful display of your favorite Antipasto foods as it runs down the center of your table on your homemade board. In addition, here are the steps to make the the antipasto board:
- Visit your local lumber store for a piece of wood that would best fit the size of your table. You do not want it too thick or thin. You want it to be the right length to run down the center of your table with easy access to any dining chair seat.
- Completely sand the entire board with on all sides and edges with a 220 grit sanding pad.
- Clean off all dust and sand.
- Coat wood generously with 3 coats of either : Howard BBC012 Butcher Block Conditioner, 12-Ounce or Beeswax Furniture Polish, 100% natural, for any kind of wood, nourishing, renewing, sealing, covering scratches, protecting from drying out, restoring wood’s natural beauty. The best wood wax cream., or Ultimate Walnut Oil by Mahoney’s Finishes: Food Safe Wood Finish for Satin Sheen/ Easy To Use, FastDrying Wood Protective Finish/ Salad Bowl, Cutting Board, Utility and Furniture Walnut Wood Protectant.
- You will want to wait at least 20 minutes between each coat to let the conditioner soak into the wood.
- You will need to retreat the wood periodically, every month or so, to keep the wood from drying out.
- Top the board with all of your favorite antipasto foods!
What do you put on an Antipasto Platter?
Once you make your antipasto platter, fill it with nuts, cheese, meats, fruit, pickles, olives, dips, crackers, etc…. Have fun with it. Next, mix in little finger foods and tapas. Here are some additional fun suggestions:
- Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Manchego
- Olive Pimento Cheese
- Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites
- Antipasto Skewers
- Lamb Meatballs
- Bacon, Fig Jam, and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 10 Minute Italian Marinated Mushrooms
- Cuban Sandwich on a Stick
- Phyllo cup crab appetizers
- Bacon Crackers
- Low Carb Asparagus and Roast Beef Rollups
- BLT Deviled Eggs
- Sweet Potato Bites with Goat Cheese
How to arrange an Antipasto Platter?
Arranging your antipasto platter should be fun! Here are some easy tips for successfully arranging your antipasto platter:
- Plate food in big groupings such as putting all your meats together, all your pickles together, and all your cheeses together.
- You can also spread your food out in small plates and scatter throughout the board. I like to do this so that everyone has access to all the dishes no matter where they sit. I break up the small plates, meats, cheese, etc and scatter them in small dishes or directly on the board all throughout until it is completely filled. I think this makes the board not only beautiful but more interesting.
- Another suggestion is having a few big platters of bigger items on the board that is easy to pick up and pass around. Then mix in the small bites and dishes in between all the empty spaces of the big plates. I do this when I have heavier foods such as meatballs, or my Greek lemon potatoes.
DON’T FORGET THE WINE! I paired the lovely Wente Vineyards Morning Fog Chardonnay and Wente Vineyards Riva Ranch Chardonnay with some of my favorite antipasto foods and invited my friends over. The perk to being a friend of a food blogger is you will eat and drink well!
“Friends bring happiness into your life. Best Friends bring wine.”
My friends loved the Antipasto Board Table Runner and the Wente Vineyards Chardonnay. The Wente Vineyards Riva Ranch was smooth and balanced with notes of lemon, apple, and vanilla. The Wente Vineyards Morning Fog is full bodied with hints of oak, apple, and honey. I highly recommend both bottles for entertaining!
“Wine flies when you are having fun.” Cheers to you and your friendships. I hope they are as amazing as mine are. xoxo #LoveoftheJourney
“If you combine wine and dinner, the new word is winner.”