This is an easy Homemade Dog Treats recipe that your dog will love. Break out your cookie cutters and have some fun. You are going to love making these dog treats for your furry family member!
Homemade Dog Treats
The very sweet and pretty Naomi Grace brought over a special dog gift for my dog this Christmas. I thought the homemade dog treats were so cool and immediately invited her to be my guest chef for a blog post. Thankfully she accepted and we made this easy homemade dog treats recipe together!
The cookies are primarily made with bananas, peanut butter, and oatmeal, therefore they make excellent healthy dog treats.
The dough takes about 5 minutes to make. And then you get to have fun cutting shapes out with a cookie cutter.
This is a kids recipe to cook with your child.
Naomi Grace really did all the work. I just supervised. She is an excellent chef.
Naomi Grace is such a special young lady. She routinely volunteers at our local animal shelter called FAPS. She wants to be a Veterinarian when she grows up. I am very certain she will accomplish this goal.
Fayetteville Animal Protection Society, Inc. (FAPS) is the only Cumberland County No-Kill, non-profit animal shelter supported by volunteers, grants and individual contributions. FAPS receives no state or federal funding to operate and relies solely on the community to support its mission in rescuing and successfully placing companion animals in their forever homes.
Her family also fosters dogs on a regular basis.
There is always a new dog visiting at her house until they can be matched with their forever home. They have rescued numerous dogs that are now happily living with their new families. All of their personal dogs have been rescued and adopted. They recently adopted a very cute French Bulldog named Bank$ to add to their family. I am trying my best not to steal him away. He is so darn cute! My dog Goliath loves visiting and playing with the pack. He gets spoiled rotten when he visits and has a great time playing with his furry friends.
Have fun making this homemade dog treats recipe. I hope your dog loves these dog treats as much as mine does! xoxo
Want to make your own dog food? Check out my homemade crockpot dog food recipe.
Easy Homemade Dog Treats
- food processor
- cookie cutters
- 1 ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 large banana
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Icing: 2 tbs. cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp honey
- 3-5 drops food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grind oatmeal in food processor or blender until it is fine.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash banana with fork.
- Mix banana and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add in oatmeal, reserving 1 tablespoon. Mix well.
- Dust surface with reserved ground oatmeal. Roll dough out to about ¼ inch.
- Cut desired shapes for the doggie treats.
- Place cutouts on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until edges brown.
- Allow to cool.
- While baking: Mix cornstarch, water, honey, and food coloring to make icing.
- Drizzle or apply icing with pastry brush on cooled dog treats.
- Store cookies in air tight container in refrigerator.