Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is mixed with olives, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a vibrant flavored lemon dressing.
It is perfect as a delicious side dish or as a healthy entree by itself.
I have partnered with Pomora Olive Oil. They send me quarterly batch of their newest olive oils in exchange for a post. This post also contains affiliate links.
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is one of my favorite ways to eat quinoa.
It is loaded with all my favorite toppings like feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and tomatoes.
Sometimes I bake a piece of salmon with it or grill some shrimp.
Grilled chicken kabobs would go nicely with it also.
It makes a lovely side dish for a back yard barbecue also.
Watch how to make
Follow these easy instructions to make this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad:
- Cook quinoa according to directions with vegetable broth or chicken broth.
- Cool and set aside.
- Add chopped parsley, olives, chopped cucumber, finely chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, and crumbled feta to the quinoa.
- In a separate bowl create dressing: Mix together olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour lemon dressing mixture in quinoa salad and mix well.
Is quinoa healthy?
Quinoa salad is incredibly healthy. It is rich in protein, fiber, plant antioxidants, amino acids, and minerals like iron and, magnesium.
Quinoa is a great gluten-free option and is a great substitute for rice.
It has a low glycemic index, helping to improve your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
How long can you store it in the refrigerator?
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is good for 3-5 days in the refrigerator if you keep it sealed in an air tight container or resealable plastic bag.
What really makes this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad flavor pop is the lemon salad dressing.
To make the lemon dressing, I use Pomora Olive Oil to make it for it’s quality and richness.
You can see it's beautiful color in the picture.
The flavor is glorious. Pomora Olive Oil sends their olive oil straight from the growers in Italy.
There isn't a middle man. The result is an organic, incredible tasting olive oil.
Other store bought olive oils just can't compete in the quality. I use it on EVERYTHING. Learn more about Pomora Olive Oil here!
For more Mediterranean recipes, try:
- Mediterranean Beet Salad
- Greek Green Beans
- Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad
- Simple Chickpea Salad
- Israeli Salad
- How to Make Baba Ganoush
- Dill Cucumber Salad
- Greek Lamb Meatballs
- Greek Black Eye Pea Salad
Please leave me a comment below if you make this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth or chicken broth
- 2 cups Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 cup Parsley Finely Chopped
- 5.8 ounces Kalamata olives
- 2 cups Cucumber Chopped
- ½ cup Onion Finely Chopped
- 2 cups Tomatoes Diced
- 4 ounces Feta Crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¾ cup Lemon Juice Fresh Squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Minced
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions with the vegetable broth or chicken broth. Cool and set aside.2 cups Uncooked Quinoa, 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- Add finely chopped parsley, olives, chopped cucumber, ½ cup finely chopped onion, tomatoes, and crumbled feta to the quinoa.1 cup Parsley, 5.8 ounces Kalamata olives, 2 cups Cucumber, ½ cup Onion, 2 cups Tomatoes, 4 ounces Feta
- In a separate bowl mix together live oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.3 tablespoons Olive Oil, ¾ cup Lemon Juice, 1 teaspoon Garlic, Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Pour lemon dressing mixture in quinoa salad and mix well. Enjoy!