Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is mixed with olives, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a vibrant flavored lemon dressing. It is perfect as a delicious side dish or as a healthy entree by itself.
I have partnered with Pomora Olive Oil. They send me quarterly batch of their newest olive oils in exchange for a post. This post also contains affiliate links.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
I like to whip this up when I have my friends over for a girls luncheon. It is so pretty and flavorful. They just love it. It makes a lovely side dish for a back yard barbecue also.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is definitely one of my husband’s favorite salads. He eats it by the bowl full.
Sometimes I bake a piece of salmon with it or grill some shrimp. Grilled chicken kabobs would go nicely with it also.
What really makes this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad flavor pop is the lemon salad dressing. To make the lemon dressing, I use Pomora Olive Oil to make it for it’s quality and richness.
You can see it’s beautiful color in the picture. The flavor is glorious. Pomora Olive Oil sends their olive oil straight from the growers in Italy. There isn’t a middle man. The result is an organic, incredible tasting olive oil.
Other store bought olive oils just can’t compete in the quality. I use it on EVERYTHING. Learn all about Pomora Olive Oil here!
Is quinoa healthy?
Quinoa salad is incredibly healthy. It is rich in protein, fiber, plant antioxidants, amino acids, and minerals like iron and , magnesium.
Quinoa is a great gluten-free option and is a great substitute for rice. It has a low glycemic index, helping to improve your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
How long can you store it in the refrigerator?
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is good for 3-5 days in the refrigerator if you keep it sealed in an air tight container or resealable plastic bag.
For more Mediterranean recipes, try:
- Mediterranean Beet Salad
- Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad
- Simple Chickpea Salad
- Israeli Salad
- How to Make Baba Ganoush
- Dill Cucumber Salad
- Greek Lamb Meatballs
- Greek Black Eye Pea Salad
Please leave me a comment below if you make this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad- A Healthy Feta Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 4 Cups of Vegetable Broth or chicken broth
- 2 Cups of Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 Cup of Finely Chopped Parsley
- 5.8 oz Kalamata olives
- 2 Cups of Chopped Cucumber
- 1/2 Cup of Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Cups of Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 oz Crumbled Feta
- 3 Tbs of Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Cook 2 cups of uncooked quinoa according to directions with the 4 cups of vegetable broth or chicken broth. Cool and set aside.
- Add 1 cup finely chopped parsley, 5.8 oz olives, 2 cups chopped cucumber, 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, 2 cups chopped tomatoes, and 4 oz crumbled feta to the quinoa.
- In a separate bowl create dressing: Mix together 3 tbs olive oil, 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1 tsp fresh minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour lemon dressing mixture in quinoa salad and mix well. Enjoy!