This is a tasty, healthy low-carb Hamburger Soup Recipe that is easy to make. It is made with flavorful beef and tomato broth that is loaded with vegetables. It will become your favorite hearty, go-to soup for the winter!
The weeknights can get soooo busy. It is sometimes hard to come up with a recipe that is easy, healthy, and a meal that everyone can agree on. BUT everyone in my house LOVES this Hamburger Soup Recipe.
This one-pot vegetable and beef soup is full of flavor, and warm and cozy for comfort. You will be making this soup again and again.
How to make Hamburger Soup
Follow these easy steps to make hamburger soup.
- Brown ground beef, onions, and celery until completely cooked. (photo 1)
- Add tomato paste, beef broth, diced tomatoes, sliced carrots, cut green beans, cubed radishes, crushed garlic, bay leaf, and seasoned salt. (photo 2)
- Cook to a boil. Reduce heat and cook on low for 2 or more hours. (photo 3)
Use radishes instead of potatoes for low carb soup
Radishes? Ewe! Gross! Right? At-least that is what my husband says… Radishes are actually the perfect low carb substitute for potatoes in a soup.
Why? Because when cooked for a long time the loose the red color of the skin, and have the same texture of a potato. Radishes also absorb the flavors of the soup and taste similar to what a potato would taste like in a soup.
Honestly, after cooking the soup for 2 hours, you won’t know the radishes are not potatoes! It is a brilliant switch! A 1/2 cup of radishes are about 12 calories and no fat with almost no carbs! Win! Win!
I even fooled my husband when I served him this low carb hamburger soup. He claims he hates radishes, and he really thought he was eating potatoes in the soup. I showed him!
Can you Freeze Hamburger Soup?
This hamburger soup freezes well. I often make a huge batch and freeze leftovers to pull out for another night.
Cool soup completely before freezing. Then store in an air tight container or freezer bag.
This post contains affiliate links.
Another cooking tip!
I like to use Pomi Chopped Tomatoes 26.46 Oz (Pack of 6)for my tomatoes. Pomi tomatoes have the most fresh garden flavor you can buy. They literally taste like you hand picked the tomatoes out of the garden and chopped them up to cook with.
I am addicted to them. They really help bring flavors to a dish, but you can add your favorite tomatoes and it will still be AMAZING!
Multi-task! You can make this soup even on a busy day!
Let the soup cook for about 2 hours while you are getting other things done and BAMB!! You will have an incredible low carb hamburger soup for dinner!
*Note: I like the carrots in my soup, but if you want to cut additional carbs, you can take those out.
Looking for More Low-Carb Recipes? Try:
- Low Carb Southern Cauliflower Potato Salad
- BLT Deviled Eggs
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Grilled Vegetable Brat Kabobs
- Instant Pot Mexican Chicken Soup
- Bison, Bacon, and Pot Roast Paleo Chili Recipe
- Crock-Pot Pepperoncini Pot Roast
- Creamy Bruschetta Chicken
- Low Carb Carbonara
When you make this low carb hamburger soup recipe, tell me what you think in the comment section! I would love to hear back! My readers will too.
Hamburger Soup Recipe-Low Carb Soup
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 6 cups beef stock
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup green beans cut
- 1 cup carrots thick sliced
- 1 cup radishes cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tb garlic crushed
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- Brown 2 lbs ground beef, 1 chopped onion, and 1/2 cup chopped celery until completely cooked.
- Add 6 oz tomato paste, 6 cups beef broth, 28 canned diced tomatoes with the juice, 1 cup cut green beans, 1 cup sliced carrots, 1 cup cubed radishes, 1 bay leaf, 1 tbs crushed garlic, 1 tsp seasoned salt.
- Cook to a boil.
- Lower temperature to a simmer or low heat, and cook for two hours.