These Spider Deviled Eggs make fantastic Halloween party food. Make this spooky Halloween recipe tasty crowd pleaser. They are easy and inexpensive to make.
I don’t know about your family, but my family loves deviled eggs. And if you can make them creepy for Halloween, all the better, right?
My daughter took one look at these creepy Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs and said, “Oh wow, cool mom.” It is a very, very rare occasion that I am considered cool from my teenage daughter. But I love it when she thinks I am. You should make them too! Then you can be cool like me…ha! ha!
Spider deviled eggs– Halloween Party Food
These spider deviled eggs are perfect Halloween party food. They are inexpensive to make, feed a large crowd, and easy to put together! You can make these the night before. Just wrap them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
how to peel a boiled egg:
The biggest headache with deviled eggs is peeling the boiled eggs. Here are some tips to make peeling boiled eggs easier.
- Add salt to the water before boiling them.
- Shock your boiled eggs in cold water by removing them from the hot water and dropping them in an iced cold water bath.
- Wait wait until the eggs are completely cooled before peeling them.
- Peel the boiled eggs under water. The water seeps under the thin film that clings to the whites and helps release the shell.
- Unfortunately, fresh eggs seem to stick to their shell the worse. I use those beautiful fresh farm eggs for other dishes to cook in, not for spider deviled eggs.
How to make the spider body
- Make the spider body, cut the black olive in half. One half you will use for the body.
- One half you will use for the body. The other half, cut into halves again.
- Next take each half and cut them into threes for the legs.
I know, I know, spiders have eight legs. Well, my spiders have six legs. If you want to cut each halves into fours, go for it. There just isn’t much room on the egg for eight legs…
Are olives good on Spider Deviled Eggs?
If you are worried that the olives will ruin the taste of the spider deviled eggs, don’t. The olives taste great on the eggs. So have a little fun. Play with your food. Get creepy in the kitchen. It is Halloween season. It is the perfect time to serve something a little scary!
How long will deviled eggs keep in the refrigerator?
Store leftover (if you have any) deviled eggs in the refrigerator. They should be consumed within 2 days from making them.
For more great halloween party food ideas and crafts, check out:
- Halloween Hotdog Worms
- Halloween Goblin Cheese Ball
- Apple Pie Sangria
- Halloween Frankenstein Classmate Gift
Also, leave a comment below in the comment box! I would love to hear how they turned out and my readers will too! Thanks for the love! xoxo
Halloween Spider Deviled Eggs
- 12 Eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs mustard
- 2 tbs sweet pickle relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz can large black olives
- Boil 12 eggs until cooked completely.
- Cool completely.
- Remove shells.
- Slice each egg in half. Remove yolks and put yolks in a bowl.
- Mix 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tbs mustard, 2 tbs relish, salt, and pepper.
- Spread yolk mixture on each egg.
- Drain 6oz can of olives.
- Cut olives in half.
- Half of the olive will be spider body. Take other half of olive and cut it again into half. Take each half and cut into threes or fours to make spider legs. Assemble spider on egg.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until serving.