Looking for a delicious brat recipe? These grilled kabobs are super easy to make. They are bright, colorful, delicious, and fun to grab to pick up to eat. Make these brat kabobs for a busy weeknight family meal or your next back yard barbecue.
*I was given a free Boozy Bundle of Booze Dogs to sample and give my honest opinion. I was not compensated for this post.
I was recently contacted by Booze Dog's to try their liquor infused bratwursts. They assured me I would love their smoked, small batch, booze marinated pork bratwursts with no synthetic flavorings. They shipped me a container of their Boozy Bundle so I could sample all of their flavors.
I received a package of their Jolly Rover Rum Smoked Sausage, Bourbon Bluetick Smoked Sausage, Prime Gin-Ister Smoked Sausage. They were all delicious. You could taste the alcohol in each of them. However, the liquor was very complementive and not over-powering. They had a nice crispy skin and were leaner than the typical brat.
The booze dogs were great to eat as a typical brat dog on a bun with all of your favorite fixings.... but I wanted to make something a little different. I thought making these Grilled Kabobs would be fun. I love a grilled brat and I love grilled veggies. Why not add the combination to a stick?
The sweetness from the vegetables complimented the salty liquor infused brats. The colors look beautiful. It makes a fun meal anyone would love.
The vegetables marinade for 4 hours, however, cooking only takes 15 minutes on the grill! How easy is that? I invited some friends over to eat the brat kabobs with us. Good food is always meant for sharing. They made a fun family/friend dinner. However, these grilled kabobs would be perfect for a backyard party or tailgating. You could just pick them up and eat them right off the stick. Enjoy!
*Note: Use this homemade Italian Salad Dressing recipe if you do not want to use a store bought brand.
Grilled Kabobs: Grilled Vegetables & Brat Kabobs
- 1 lb Brats, thickly sliced I recommend a Booze Dog Variety.
- 1 medium yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 6 10 inch wooden skewers
- In a large bowl, mix vegetables with Italian Salad dressing. Marinade for 4 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes.
- Alternatively thread brats and vegetables on skewers.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes until brats are completely heated and vegetables are completely cooked.
Nutrition- Nutrition info is based on estimation only.