Do you love hot wings? Then you will love this chicken wings recipe! These Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings are the best chicken wings you will ever eat!
This is the best Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings with homemade buffalo sauce you will ever try. They are finger licking good and require little fuss! Believe it or not, this is one of my most requested thing to cook for my friends. They literally ask me, “Katie, are you going to make those grilled buffalo wings also?” When I am having a cookout. If I say no, they ask me to add them to the list. With this easy recipe and step by step on how to make them, you can Most importantly, you can make them right at your home!
I am a hot wing addict. I love them fried, battered, and/or grilled, but always, always spicy hot! Because I am trying to watch my figure, (key word “trying”), I have started only eating them grilled. That is no loss in my book. If they are made correctly, they actually taste better and aren’t dripping in that fatty grease. So why not make a healthy version?
How to cut chicken wings
For this recipe, you will need fresh chicken wings. Fresh wings cook and taste so much better than the frozen wings. I promise it is worth the effort. Follow these steps on how to cut chicken wings:
- First, cut the chicken wing at the joint to separate into two pieces.
- Next, cut off the wing tip at the other joint like pictured above.
- Discard the wing tip.
That’s it! How easy is that? You are on your way to be a grilled buffalo wing pro!!
How to grill buffalo wings with homemade buffalo sauce
Here are step by step instructions on how to grill buffalo wings with a spicy tasty homemade buffalo sauce
- First, salt and pepper them generously.
- Add the chicken wings to the grill dry. You will cook them until almost done.
- Meanwhile, make the homemade buffalo sauce. (Recipe is in the recipe card below.) My sauce is so GOOD… And you can make it in 2 minutes!!!
- When the wings are almost done, brush on your first round of sauce to coat them.
- Let the wings cook just a bit longer to allow the sauce do cook onto them. Once cooked, remove them from the grill.
- Next you toss them in a bowl with the remaining of the sauce to make sure they are perfectly covered and coated.
Do you want your homemade buffalo sauce HOT?
If you want your homemade buffalo sauce hotter than my recipe below add hot chili flakes. You can garnish with jalapeños for color and heat also. My friends can’t go hotter than the recipe below, so do a taste test first! If you want to go mild, use the mild Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce. Oh! And the Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings are fantastic dipped in my Homemade Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing; just saying! Hope you love them. Enjoy!
Having a back yard cook out? Here are some other great recipes that would be great to add to your backyard barbecue menu:
- Calico Beans
- Grilled Brat Kabobs
- Carolina Barbecue Sauce- Vinegar Based
- Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Southern Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Summer Corn Salad
- Cucumber Dill Salad
- Instant Pot Southern Hot Dog Chili
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Pina Colada Rum Jello Shots
- Cream Cheese Taco Dip
- Banana Pudding
Spicy Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2 lbs fresh Chicken Wings
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 oz bottle of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Sauce
- *To make it fiery hot add 1 tsp of red hot chili flakes to sauce
Cut and cook the wings:
- Cut the tips off the wings. Discard tips of the wings. Then cut wings at joint into two pieces.
- Coat the wings in salt and pepper.
- Grill the wings.
Make the hot wing sauce:
- Meanwhile, mix 4 tbs unsalted butter, 12 oz bottle of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce, 2 tbs honey, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, and 2 tbs Tabasco Sauce in a sauce pan.
- Cook sauce to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- When wings have about 5 minutes left of cooking, brush on the sauce and cover the wings well on both sides. Grill until wings are finished.
- Toss wings in a bowl with remaining sauce and serve.