Need an appetizer that is different, tasty, and can feed a crowd? This easy to make Greek Layer Dip is a delicious spin off the traditional Seven Layer Dip with layers of hummus, tzatziki sauce, feta, and veggie toppings. Make it in under 15 minutes!
Greek Layer Dip- Make it in a Jiffy!
We are busy people. When you are entertaining, you don't have time to spend hours in food prep. This recipe can be made in 15 minutes or less.
The presentation of this dip will "Wow" your guests. It tastes as good as it looks. Feta, hummus, and tzatziki sauce are a delicious combination. When you add in the toppings, the dip becomes OUTRAGEOUS!
But you don't have to make this recipe for entertaining only!!!! This Greek Layer Dip is packed with healthy nutritious proteins, vitamins, and fiber. It is FANTASTIC on pita bread, chips, and crackers. However, if you use it as a veggie dip, it is has a low glycemic index. Win! Win!
How to make this Greek Dip
Making this Greek Dip is SUPER EASY!! Just follow these steps:
- To keep things simple, I suggest purchasing your favorite ready made hummus. Plain or garlic flavor will work best. Layer the hummus in a 8x8 serving dish. (picture 1)
- Make a simple tzatziki sauce by combining minced garlic, olive oil, yogurt, white wine vinegar, and dill. You will not be adding in the traditional cucumbers here because you will add those in with the veggie toppings. (picture 2)
- Layer the tzatziki sauce over the hummus. (picture 3)
- Add you favorite Greek toppings: feta, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and green onions. Sliced pepperoncinis would be great if you like a little heat. (picture 4)
Tip: To keep this recipe easy and simple, I suggest buying store bought, ready made hummus. HOWEVER! If you have the time, homemade is always better. Dawn, from Girl Heart Food gives a great tutorial on how to make hummus from scratch.
I do make a really great Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus. I don't think its flavors would combine well in this Greek Layer Dip, but it is definitely worth making as a seperate dish! It can be whipped up in 5 minutes and makes a tasty spread.
Taste Tested, Friends Approved!
I am always having girlfriends over for wine night. Some of them eat very healthy and I have to make certain dishes to accommodate their needs.
I wanted to make something healthy but delicious, so I came up with this recipe. This Greek Seven Layer Dip Recipe is packed with all kinds of wholesome goodness.
My friends had no problem eating it all up. It now has become a requested appetizer!
If you like this recipe, try some of these Mediterranean Inspired Favorites:
- Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus
- Black Eyed Pea Greek Salad
- Black Eyed Pea Greek Salad
- Mediterranean Beet Salad
- Simple Chickpea Salad
- Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- How to Make Baba Ganoush
- Lamb Meatballs
- Marinated Olives and Cheese Ring
When you make this recipe, please let me know what you think in the comment section! I would love to hear back!
Greek Layer Dip
- 16 oz hummus
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup greek olives sliced
- 3 green onions chopped
- Spread 16 oz of hummus on a 8x8 serving dish.
- Mince 2 garlic cloves.
- Make tzatziki In a mixing bowl by combining minced garlic, 2 tbs olive oil, 1 cup of Greek yogurt or sour cream, 1 tbs white wine vinegar, and 1 tsp dill. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer tzatziki over hummus.
- Layer 1/2 cup feta over tzatziki.
- Top with 1 diced tomato, 1/2 diced cucumber, 1/4 cup sliced olives, and 3 chopped green onions.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sliced pepperoncinis would be great if you like a little heat!
- To keep this recipe easy and simple, I suggest buying store bought, ready made hummus. HOWEVER! If you have the time, homemade is always better. Dawn, from Girl Heart Food gives a great tutorial on how to make hummus from scratch.