This homemade tomato gazpacho soup is made with Spicy V8 Tomato Juice.
Throw together your garden vegetables for a delicious healthy wholesome cold soup meal!
This gazpacho is fresh and bursting with flavor, with a small hint of spicy heat to it.
It has become a favored recipe that I use all spring and summer.
What is Gazpacho Soup Made of?
Tomato gazpacho is made with:
- tomatoes- preferably vine ripened
- beef broth-low sodium if you are watching your salt intake
- lemon juice-use freshly squeezed
- garlic-fresh not dried
- bell Pepper
- onion-yellow or white
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- hot sauce- I like Texas Pete
Watch video to see how to make tomato gazpacho
This recipe came from my Aunt Sue Kaat!
My Aunt Sue is a sweet little lady who eats very healthy and looks amazing to prove it.
It takes only a few minutes to put together.
I often make it in the beginning of the week and bring it work for lunch.
It is perfect for work lunches because you don't have to heat it.
The fact that it is healthy is an added bonus.
My Aunt Sue adds a few other ingredients to make it more flavorful and filling.
You can eat it by itself or it is great to dunk in a slice of leftover stale bread.
The bread will soak up those vegetable flavors and taste delicious in your mouth.
Spicy V8 is a key ingredient
My Aunt Sue's signature ingredient to this Gazpacho soup recipe is addiding in Spicy V8.
The Spicy V8 brings in loads of flavor.
I really don't think it makes it spicy, but if you don't like spicy foods, you can substitute regular V8.
Make sure to use the V8 brand. It will not be the same with a knock off brand.
I know from experience. I was at a store that did not carry V8 and in my laziness, I bought a knock off brand.
It wasn't nearly as good. Lesson learned. You have been warned!
How long does tomato gazpacho last in the refrigerator?
Store your tomato gazpacho in an air tight container. It will keep 4-5 days.
Did you enjoy this healthy Gazpacho soup recipe? For more delicious, healthy, soup options to use your beautiful summer vegetables in, check out these recipes:
- Instant Pot Black Eyed Pea Soup
- Zucchini Curry Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Crockpot Vegetable Beef Soup
Please leave me a comment below if you make this gazpachosoup and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
Homemade Gazpacho Soup Recipe- Healthy & Easy
- 46 ounces Spicy Tomato Juice V8
- 4 cups Tomatoes diced
- ½ cup Cucumber Peeled And Seeded diced
- ½ cup Green Pepper diced
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper diced
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 cup Beef Broth Or Vegetable Broth for Vegan
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- dash Hot Sauce
- Garnish with Sour Cream and/or a slice of Avocado
- In a large mixing bowl, pour 46 oz of Spicy V8 Tomato Juice.
- Dice 4 cups tomatoes,½ cup peeled and seeded cucumbers, ½ cup green pepper, ½ red bell pepper, ½ cup onion.
- Add vegetables to Spicy V8 Tomato Juice.
- Add 1 cup beef broth, 3 tbs olive oil, 2 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice, 2 minced garlic cloves, ¼ cup red wine vinegar, and a dash of hot sauce. Mix well.
- Cover and store in an air tight container. Refrigerate an hour or more before serving.
- Garnish with Sour Cream and/or a slice of Avocado.