This post is sponsored by Chop House Steak Burgers but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
If you love Salisbury steak, then you will love this making this easy Salisbury Hamburger Recipe. Serve it with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and your favorite green vegetable; and you have a delicious, comforting meal for any day of the week!
Salisbury steak is a very common dish here in the South. You serve it with or over a side of creamy, buttery mashed potatoes. We love our mashed potatoes and anything that goes with it. The traditional Salisbury steak recipe uses a hamburger patty made of mixed hamburger and pork. In this recipe, I use Chop House Steak Burgers. It is so much easier than hand making the patties and Chop House Steak Burgers are absolutely delicious!
Have you heard of Chop House Steak Burgers? Honestly they are the home cook's dream come true. You can find them in your local grocery store in the freezer section. The burgers are uncooked and ready for you to cook them exactly how you want. The end result is a juicy, flavorful, tasty burger. I promise you they are as good or better than any fresh hamburger patty you find in the meat department. I wouldn't believe it myself until I had one. They are FANTASTIC. The is because they use USDA Choice meat. The convenience of having them in your freezer until you need to cook them is fabulous. I keep a stash to have ready on hand.
Salisbury Hamburger is what we call here in the South "Soul Food." It is a hearty comforting meal that makes you all happy inside with a strong desire to take a nap after.... We love to make these kinds of dishes on Sunday after church. You eat a delicious, "soul food" meal then take a nap and rest until the end of the day. However, this recipe is easy enough for any day of the week and would be perfect for a day you are famished and are in need of a good, hearty, home cooked meal.
The Chop House Steak Burgers are the perfect patties to make this easy, Salisbury Hamburger recipe. Besides the meat, what makes this dish fantastic is the homemade GRAVY!!! This homemade gravy will rock your world! I add in mushrooms for additional flavor. If you are not a mushroom fan, you can totally skip out on them. My daughter HATES mushrooms. I love them! To each his own, right?
How to Make Salisbury Hamburger
Here are step by Step Instructions on how to make Salisbury Hamburger:
- Cook Chop House Burgers. Set burgers aside.
- Add onions to pan drippings and cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook until done.
- Remove onions and mushrooms.
- Make a roux by melting butter and adding flour. Cook until butter has melted and flour has absorbed all butter.
- Add in broth. Stir out clumps. Cook until thickened.
- Add back in burger patties, onions, and mushrooms.
For more recipes, check out: Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, How to Cook Field Peas, and Brie Bacon Burger with Blueberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce.
Easy Salisbury Hamburger Recipe
- 3 Chophouse Steak Burger Patties
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tbs butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook hamburgers until done. Set aside burgers on a plate.
- Add onions to pan drippings in pan. Saute until translucent.
- Add mushrooms to onions. Saute until onions begin to caramelize and mushrooms are completely cooked.
- Remove onions and mushrooms and set aside.
- In the pan, melt butter. Add flour. Saute until butter has melted and flour has absorbed all butter.
- Slowly begin adding in beef broth little by little. Stir flour into broth to prevent lumps. Mix in remaining broth.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to gravy and mix.
- Cook 2 minutes to allow gravy to thicken.
- Add back in hamburger, onions, and mushrooms. Cook until desired gravy thickness stirring occasionally.
Nutrition- Nutrition info is based on estimation only.