Bacon. Cheese. Potatoes. Need I say more?
This Easy Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes recipe only requires a few ingredients and makes a delicious side dish that your entire family will love.
Thank you Potatoes USA for sponsoring this post. Make a delicious and convenient meal for your family tonight with potatoes!
I go weak in the knees over potatoes. From potato chips, to French fries, to homemade creamy mashed potatoes, to cheesy bacon ranch potatoes...
I don't care how they are made; potatoes are my favorite indulgence.
In fact, if I had to choose between cake or a tasty potato side dish, potatoes would win every time.
Watch how to make
What you'll need
You will need the following ingredients to make this:
- petite red potatoes- their sweet flavor compliments the salty bacon and cheese. When cooked properly, they are incredibly tender. However, you can use Yukon Gold, new potatoes, or fingerlings.
- sharp cheddar
- cooked bacon-it is best to use real cooked bacon and not bacon bits for full flavor
- dry ranch salad dressing mix- To keep things easy, you can use store bought dry ranch salad dressing mix. However, this is a homemade dry ranch dressing mix if you want to make your own.
- fresh chives- you can substitute for green onions
Steps to make loaded crockpot potatoes
Follow these steps to make loaded crockpot potatoes.
- Cut the petite red potatoes to a quartered size. If you use a larger red potato, cut them into small quartered pieces to cook faster and evenly.
- Cover the inside of your crock-pot with a large piece of tinfoil. It will need to be large enough to create a foil packet to cover the potatoes entirely. Next spray the foil with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Layer half of the potatoes and sprinkle half of the dry ranch salad dressing mix to coat the potatoes. Top with half of the bacon, cheese, and chives.
- Add the remaining potatoes and cover with remaining dry ranch salad dressing mix. Top with remaining bacon and cheese, reserving ½ cup cheese and 1tablespoon of bacon. Add remaining chives, reserving 1 teaspoon.
- Cover and close tinfoil making sure to seal all openings.
- Close Crock Pot with lid. Cook for 4 hours.
- Open the foil and cover the top of potatoes with remaining cheese and bacon. Cover and seal, cooking an additional 2 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Open the foil and cover with remaining chives and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Note: The foil will make your crock-pot easy to clean up. It will also steam cook the potatoes, making them fork tender and soft.
Besides being a delicious staple for every country around the world, the round little convenient food crop has unlimited possibilities for cooking.
Potatoes USA has an incredible assortment of yummy potato recipes to inspire you for your next meal.
Some of my favorite recipes are their Tuscan-Herbed Potatoes, Chorizo Stuffed Potatoes, Potato and Eggs Bene-Chick, and Greek Pita Salad with Potatoes.
For more potato recipes, check out: Moroccan-Style Crispy Roasted Potatoes, Greek Lemon Potatoes, and Bacon Ranch Potato Salad.
Please leave me a comment below if you make these loaded crockpot potatoes and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
Also post your picture of your slow cooker ranch potatoes on Instagram or Facebook, and tag @aforkstale with #aforkstale hashtags! I will share with my followers! xoxo!
Easy Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes (Slow Cooker Potato Recipe)
- 2 pounds petite red potatoes chopped into quarters
- 2 cups shredded medium sharp cheddar
- 8 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing salad dressing mix
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line your crock pot with aluminum foil leaving enough to cover the potatoes completely. Spray aluminum foil with non stick cooking spray.
- Layer half of the potatoes (1 pound) and sprinkle half of the dry ranch salad dressing mix (1 tablespoon) to coat the potatoes. Top with half of the bacon(4 slices), cheese (1 cup), and (2 tablespoons) chives.
- Add the remaining potatoes (1 pound) and cover with remaining dry ranch salad dressing mix(2 tablespoons). Top with remaining bacon (4 slices) and ½ cup cheese, reserving½ cup cheese and 1 tablespoon of bacon. Add 1 ½ tablespoon chives. Cover and close tinfoil making sure to seal all openings. Close Crock Pot with lid.
- Cook on high heat for 3 to 4 hours until potatoes are fork tender.
- Cover with remaining ½ cup cheese and 1 tablespoon bacon. Cover and seal, cooking an additional 2 minutes for the cheese to melt. Cover with remaining chives and salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Nutrition- Nutrition info is based on estimation only.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.