Make your own homemade ranch dressing mix with this easy gluten free DIY ranch seasoning recipe! It is an essential spice mix to keep in stock for tasty dips and dressings, or flavoring up your favorite dishes.
Why make it homemade? This recipe leaves out all the yucky added preservatives and MSG that is often found in store brand mixes.
How much Seasoning makes an equivalent sized store bought ranch seasoning packet?
3 tbs of DIY Ranch Seasoning makes the equivalent of 1 store bought ranch seasoning packet.
What ingredients do you need for DIY Ranch Seasoning?
DIY Ranch seasoning mix is made out of the following ingredients:
- Dry Buttermilk
- Dried Chives
- Dried Parsley
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Dill Weed
- Onion Powder
- Onion Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
Watch video to make homemade ranch dressing mix
This post contains affiliate links.
Where do you find dry buttermilk?
Dry buttermilk is found in the baking section by the powdered milk.
Or, if you prefer, you can order Saco Cultured Buttermilk for Cooking and Baking, Powdered, 12 oz here online at Amazon.
Note: Once opened, dry buttermilk needs to be refrigerated. Buttermilk powder typically can store in refrigerator up to 3 months after opening. However, once you mix it with sour cream, milk, or mayonnaise, use within 5 days.
Recipes I use seasoning mix in:
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Beer Cheese Dip
- Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pie (You will need to make ranch dressing from this dry ranch mix then add to the pie.
Tip! This DIY Ranch Seasoning makes a great homemade gift for house warmings, Christmas, and teacher gifts etc!
Ways to use your mix
- Homemade Ranch: 3 tbs of ranch dressing mix, 1 cup milk, 1 cup mayonnaise
- Ranch Dip: 3 tbs DIY ranch seasoning, 1 cup sour cream, 2 tbs milk
- Ranch Burgers: mix 2 tbs dry ranch mix with 1 pd of ground beef
- Ranch Turkey Burgers: mix 2 tbs dry ranch mix with 1 pd ground turkey
- Ranch Popcorn: 8 cups of popcorn with 2 tbs ranch dressing mix
- Grilled Buffalo Ranch Wings: Add 2 tbs of diy ranch seasoning with my homemade buffalo sauce
- Ranch Brussel Sprouts: Mix 1 pd brussels sprouts, 2 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs of dry ranch mix; roast at 450 for 15-20 minutes
Other homemade seasonings to make:
Other homemade salad dressings to make:
- Copycat Olive Garden Dressing
- Creamy Parmesan Dressing
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Greek Salad Dressing
Please leave me a comment below if you make this DIY Ranch Seasoning, and tell me what you thought about it. I would love to hear back, and so would my readers.
DIY Ranch Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup Dry Buttermilk
- 1 tbs Dried Parsley
- 1 tbs Dried Chives
- 1 tbs Dried Dill Weed
- 1 tbs Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Onion Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine ½ cup dry buttermilk, 1 tbs dried parsley, 1 tbs dried chives, 1 tbs dried dill weed, 1 tbs garlic powder, 2 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon ground pepper.
- Mix well. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months in the refrigerator.