This creamy dill cucumber salad is an incredibly fresh, flavorful easy salad. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and tastes amazing! Give it a try.
Creamy Dill Cucumber Salad with Mayonnaise- A Family Recipe
My Grandma Kriz would make this Creamy Dill Cucumber Salad with her summer meals when I came to visit. My uncle grew cucumbers and dill in his backyard garden and would bring them over freshly picked for my grandmother. The cucumbers had that summery garden smell and his dill was so flavorful and tasty. My grandmother would thinly slice the fresh cucumbers, chop up the dill, add her other ingredients, and in just a few minutes, she made this amazing dill cucumber salad. I couldn’t wait for dinner time to eat it. It became a favorite side dish to me growing up and now has become a cherished side dish to my children and husband.
*This post contains affiliate links.
Tips for the perfect easy Cucumber Salad
This salad literally takes just a few minutes to toss together and is super easy. Here are some helpful tips to make the perfect easy cucumber salad:
- I use my Swing 2.0 Mandoline and Grater Color: Red to easily cut my cucumbers. It quickly cuts my cucumbers evenly and with exact thickness.
- You can use dry garlic and dill. In fact, my grandmother sometimes made it with dried herbs when the dill wasn’t pretty. The dried dill is goo if you don’t like a real strong dill flavor. Personally, I like the fresh dill and garlic, so I use the fresh herbs. I like a good powerful dill flavor.
- You can serve it immediately, but I like it to allow the flavors to build by leaving it in the fridge for an hour or more before serving. However, this cucumber salad can get a bit watery if you leave it overnight. It is best served the day of making it.
- If you are trying to go low carb, you can omit the sugar or use a sugar substitute.
This easy cucumber salad makes a perfect side dish for potlucks, barbecues, and family gatherings. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
If you enjoyed this creamy dill cucumber salad recipe, check out: Grandma Kriz’s Hash Brown Casserole, She takes shredded hash browns and mixes it with cheese, onions, and few other ingredients. Then she tops it with a delicious buttery, crunchy topping. IT IS GOOD!
My Grandmother’s Olive Pimento Cheese Recipe is also delicious and worth checking out.
Looking for more ways to use your garden cucumbers? Here are a few recipes using cucumbers as an ingredient:
- Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites
- Simple Chickpea Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Israeli Salad
- Greek Seven Layer Dip
- Quinoa Tabouli
Dill Cucumber Salad- Simple Cucumber & Dill Salad Recipe
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 sweet white onion
- Thinly slice cucumbers. I use a mandolin slicer for perfect cutting.
- Finely chop onion and mix with cucumbers in a large bowl.
- Add Dill.
- In a separate bowl; mix garlic, mayonnaise, sugar, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add dressing to cucumbers. Mix well.
- You can serve immediately, but for best results, chill in refrigerator an hour before serving.
Nutrition- Nutrition info is based on estimation only.